Chapter 15: The Protector

After joining Jimin and his sisters a week before, Jeongyeon realized how important it is to have a day off.

However, she wasn't able to spend this day joyfully after discovering that her frienemy was now living just in front of their house. She stayed in their bedroom the whole day to avoid him.

She also couldn't brush off the thought of his intentions. She was sitting on their bed and had been staring at their conversation on Instagram, thinking about unblocking him so that she could confront him.

As usual, Jihyo— who was in front of her study table and kept glancing at her, noticed.

Jihyo: You've been on a staring contest with your phone for some time.

Jeongyeon: I'm just reading something.

Jihyo: You don't look like it. You look like you were stunned by your phone. What is it? *coming towards Jeongyeon who hid her phone at her back* What is it? Did Bang Chan send you another creepy message? You gotta tell me.

Jeongyeon: Aniya. Uhhh, it's just that... it's Jimin.

Jihyo: Oh, what about him.

Jeongyeon: Do you know that he's our neighbor now?

Jihyo: PARK JIMIN??

Jeongyeon: Who else? Yes, that gnome.

Jihyo: But... why?

Jeongyeon: He said that he wants to know more about me so that he could write more on their account.

Jihyo: The effort? So, what do you think? Was he telling the truth?

Jeongyeon: Aniya, I feel like he wanted to tell me that he wants to know me more and that's it. Maybe—

Jihyo: *laughed hysterically* My gosh, unnie! You're assuming! hahahaha.

Jeongyeon: Wae?? Wae?? I mean, I told him about Chan, right? Maybe he wants to protect me.

Jihyo: What??? You really think so? 😂😂

Jeongyeon: *hits Jihyo with a pillow* Aish! I don't want to talk to you!

Jihyo: Arasseo, I'll take you seriously now. *suppressing her laughter* What you said could be true. But remember, he's an oddball. So... I don't know.

Jeongyeon: He'd really spend his money to rent that place just for that paper?? His rent costs more than his pay for sure!

Jihyo: Do you think he joined the paper for extra money? I don't think so. He's well off if you don't know.

Jeongyeon: Ahhh, what am I going to do tomorrow? I'm sure, he's going to bother me like before. I mean walk with me. I can't give him expectations.

Jihyo: Ahuh? 😅😅

Jeongyeon: Maybe I should confront him tomorrow. Right?

Jihyo: Hmmm, right. I agree with you. If... he'd walk with you.

Jeongyeon: I'm sure he would.

Well, he did not.

〰️

Jeongyeon left Parks' home on her usual schedule. She exhaled sharply before opening the gate then looked around for any signs of Jimin.

None. None yet, she thought. She already knew him well— she was thinking. Surely, he was pulling off another grand entrance that would provoke her. But this time, she decided not to react in any way.