Chapter 24: Closure I

The Parks were already having dinner when Jeongyeon came back from the other Parks' house

The Parks were already having dinner when Jeongyeon came back from the other Parks' house. She looked tired but pleased overall.

Jihyo: Oh? Why are you so early? Weren't you having dinner at Jimin's place?

Jeongyeon: I'd rather not. Remember, I almost killed the only son of the household.

Hye Eun: Oh yeah, smart move. Come here and eat with us now.

Jihyo: It looks like everything went well. How was it?

Jeongyeon: Everything went well indeed.

Sejeong: So Jimin forgave you? Woah. How silly.

Jeongyeon: Tss. I know, I know. I did not deserve it.

Hye Eun: Glad that you are aware of it!

Jeongyeon: Mrs. Park?? 🫥🫥

Hye Eun: Wae? After almost drowning him?? Do you really think you deserved that forgiveness?

Jeongyeon: Then why did you even push me to go there? 😒

Hye Eun: Again, it was the decent thing to do.

Jeongyeon placed her bag on the sofa and then sat next to Bo-ah afterward. Hye Eun's eldest daughter nudged Jeongyeon with her elbow to show support.

Bo-ah: Don't be harsh on her.

Jihyo: Ne, don't be harsh. Remember, she was just rejected.

Sejeong: *chuckled* You're so mean!

Jeongyeon: 😑😑😑

Jihyo: Anyway, are you getting over it now? Or are you still holding on?

Jeongyeon: This is so awkward...

Bo-ah: It's alright. Sometimes, you just have to get it off your chest. Try it.

Jeongyeon: Uhhhh. Well, I feel pathetic and, like, a big part of me was stolen away. I actually asked him to get away from me. I said I no longer want to be friends with him.

Jihyo: Huh. That's impossible, knowing how Taehyung is. He won't let go of you.

Sejeong: Ne, and he still joins your group.

Jeongyeon: I am being civil with him. He's friends with everyone else anyway.

Hye Eun: Why would you cut him off from your life like that? He was always supportive of you, why can't you be to him? I know it would be hard to move on since he's your first love... I'm guessing... but do not waste someone as good as him.

Jeongyeon: I feel like if I won't let him go completely, my feelings will never go away.

Hye Eun: Someone will make it go away in time. It could be Jimin, it could be someone else. We wouldn't know.