Chapter 16: Gut Feelings

Taehyung walked back and forth while he waited for the doctor to update him when footsteps coming to where he was were heard. It was Mina.

His emotions suddenly shifted with her presence there especially after taking his hands.

Mina: Oppa? How are you?

Taehyung: I'm better. Thank you.

He then pulled the kinky-haired girl in a hug which she gladly requited.

Mina: *pulls out from the hug* Ah, oppa. Where is he?

Taehyung: He's inside the operating room.

Mina: It's that serious.

Taehyung: Ne. *sits down on the floor* I thought he was gonna die. What would I do if he died? That would be so traumatic knowing that I wasn't able to do anything.

Mina: But you did something. *sits down with Taehyung and rubs his arms* I'm proud of you.

Taehyung: I'm glad.

Mina: Uhh, have you called his family?

Taehyung: Aniya. I haven't thought of that.

Mina: It's okay, let's call them. Do you have their phone numbers?

Taehyung: I— I don't know his family.

Mina: I see... you're not that close.

Taehyung: Ne.

Mina: I think Jeongyeon-unnie knows.

Taehyung: Right.

Mina: *dials Jeongyeon* Unnie?

Jeongyeon: Minari, what is it?

Mina: Uhm, do you know how to contact Jimin-ssi's family?

Jeongyeon: Ne, waeyo?

Mina: Ahhh, for an emergency.

Jeongyeon: Emergency? What happened? Where are you? Where's Jimin?

Mina: He was attacked earlier.

Jeongyeon: Mwo?? By who? Was it Taehyung?

Mina: Aniya aniya! Oppa saved Jimin-ssi. I still do not know what happened but Taehyung-oppa's here too. We're in a hospital.

Jeongyeon: Aarraseo. I'll send you Ryujin's phone number, she's his sister.

Mina: Okay. Thank you.

After contacting Ryujin, Mina left Taehyung for a while to make another call. When she came back, the doctor was already talking to Taehyung to confirm that Jimin's condition was already stable and that they would be transferring him to a private room any moment.

An hour later, Jimin's family arrived and was greeted by Mina. Apparently, Taehyung fell asleep out of exhaustion.

Mina: *bows* Annyeong.

Mr. Park: *sighs* Are you Mina Myoui?

Mina: Ne.

Mr. Park: Thank you for letting us know as soon as you can.

Ryujin: *whispers to Mina* Will unnie be visiting?

Mina: Jeongyeonnie?

Ryujin: *nods*

Mina: She didn't mention.

Mrs. Park: My poor son. Who did this to you? *holds Jimin's hands and sniffs*