Chapter 21: Pretend Play

Jihyo knew that Jeongyeon was acting strange since their breakfast. She expected her to rant non-stop because of what Chanyeol's team witnessed. Instead, she only mentioned it once when Taehyung opened up about it.

Taehyung: Are you upset that Chanyeol found out that Jimin now lives in front of your house?

Sana: What do you mean they were found out?

Taehyung: Popcorn, Parkies! is doing a special for Jimin and they started shooting earlier. The bastard did not even inform Jeongie and even went to their house for breakfast, and you know what happened next.

Sana: That's gonna be another issue, I'm afraid.

Taehyung: That's why Jeongie's upset. But, really... why are you so upset over that? Students already know his intentions toward you, so isn't it obvious that he'll make a way for you two to get closer?

Sana: Did she say yes to him? No, right? So I get her.

Jeongyeon: Cut that, guys. I'm not upset or anything *snorts*.

Taehyung: You're not upset?

Jeongyeon: Ani, would you like me to be upset?

Of course, Jihyo didn't believe that so she tried her best to be extra nice to her best friend which Jeongyeon also noticed. This thought distressed her so she decided to confront Jihyo about it before going to sleep.

Jeongyeon: Yah. Jihyo. Why are you being so different towards me?

Jihyo: What do you mean?

Jeongyeon: You didn't think I'd notice, did you? What's the matter?

Jihyo: *sighs* Alright. I should be the one asking you that. What's the matter? Why aren't you telling the truth? Not even me?

Jeongyeon: What truth?

Jihyo: About what you really feel! I know that you're not happy about what happened this morning and that you're pissed—

Jeongyeon: Whoa whoa what? Hold on... are you dictating to me what to feel?

Jihyo: I'm asking you to tell me what you feel.

Jeongyeon: I feel nothing. That's why I'm not telling you whatever it is you're expecting me to say to you. What the heck?

Jihyo: But it's not you.

Jeongyeon: Maybe you no longer know me?

Jihyo: Huh? We literally live in the same house, in the same room.

Jeongyeon: Just because that's the case, doesn't me you know me at all. Bordermates do not always know what's up with each other.

Jihyo: Are you saying that I am just your border mate?

Jeongyeon: Just stop! Stop creating this drama!

Jihyo: I—I can't believe this.

Jeongyeon: *sighs* Now I'm pissed. I have to go out. Don't follow me. *stands up and went out of their bedroom*

Jihyo: *follows Jeongyeon* Wait! It's past midnight. What are you thinking?

Jeongyeon: I'll be fine. Please, don't follow me.

Once Jeongyeon was out from the Park's residence, she halted for a second and as if her feet were controlling her, she later found herself in front of Jimin's apartment. She was about to ring the doorbell when she realized how late it was and that she'd probably wake up the apartment's owner, so she stepped back instead and sighed. She didn't know what to do until the gate opened and the next thing she knew, Jimin already bumped into her— he looked like he was in a hurry.