Chapter 4

Hi

Before this chapter begins I just want to say that this chapter includes talk about mental health, more specifically OCD. If I say something wrong or I'm not accurate with it I'm so sorry.

I'm a psychology student and OCD is something I actually need to remember for my A-level so my teacher canny get mad at me cause y'know, I'm still revising 😂 but I have done as much research as I can, I even have a table with a list of symptoms of OCD.

But anyway, back to the chapter!

*********

*1958*

George, Paul and I jump on the bus and head up the steps to the upper level. "Fancy seeing you on the bus Elly-Belly." John laughs. "What's your stop?" He asks me. "I'm with Paul you dipshit." Paul pushes past me. "John, this is George, he plays guitar."

"I'm sorry, I need to sit there." I say to one of John's friends. "Sorry love but I'm sat here, but ye can sit on me lap." He winks. "Just fucking move." George stands back up. "Bit protective aren't ya?" John giggles. "Pete just move, yer arsewipe." Pete huffs and stands up to move. "Why do you want this seat anyway? It's just a seat doll." He asks me. "It's- nothing, I just need to sit there." My face goes red and I sit down.

"Well how old are ye George?" John asks. "I'm 14." George answers.

I zone out, looking at the streets of Liverpool, and pick at the skin on my fingers. "Oi, Elsie, this is our stop." John nudges me, snapping me back into reality. "Oh, yeah sorry." I stand up and follow him off the bus after kissing George goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~~

*15th July*

"Oi come on Elsie, you gotta do this." Pete says. "I can't." I say looking down to my feet. "Just turn off the light once." He laughs. "No because I can't." I say tears forming in my eyes.

"Elsie it's a light, just fucking turn it off once it's simple." He says laughing. "No because something will happen." I cry.

"Doll, nothings gonna happen, just do it." He grabs my wrist. "No I can't."

"Just fucking turn off the light!" He raises his voice and I jump. I turn off the light, and I instantly feel regret and guilt. Something was going to happen and I was terrified for it. I run downstairs in tears and leave the party.

I arrive back home to an empty house. It was unusual for everyone to be out at this time. The phone then rings.

"Hello?" I sniff.

"Elsie, it's Mimi."

"Oh hi Mimi, what's wrong?"

"Something happened...um, John's mother has passed, I don't know where he is or-" I hang up.

*Ringos POV*

I arrive back home after band practice and open the front door, it was dark inside, there weren't any lights on. "Hello? Is anyone home?" I chuck my keys on the table. I hear quiet sobs coming from upstairs. "Hello? Mum? Elsie?" I walk up the stairs and see the bathroom light on. I approach the door that was left ajar and push it open. "Ell?" I see her on her knees, hair over her face and her hands resting on her lap. They were red raw and bleeding.

"Elsie what happened?" I fall to my knees next to her and touch her hands but she winces in pain. "It's my fault..." She mumbles. "What is your fault, I assure you, I doubt it was your fault."

"I turned the light off once, and something bad happened." She looked up to me. "I killed her Richie!" She bursts into tears and falls onto me. She felt so weak. "I tried to wash me hands but it wasn't enough, so I tried to just pick off me skin, it hurts so much Richie." She cries. I wrap my arms around her. "It's okay Ell, it's alright, I think for now we need to get ye some help."