Chapter 16

"Little wittle Julian!" I baby voice to him as I bounce him in my arms. "He absolutely loves you." Cynthia smiles. "Everyone does, except for one person." I say. "Elsie you have to get over him! It's been two weeks. This is the first tour you haven't gone on. They'll be home today." She sighs. "I know, and I hate it. I just don't want to ruin anything with what's going on with you know who." I say as I continue making faces to Julian.

Cynthia was about to say something but the front door opens. "Honey, I'm home!" John smiles as he kisses his wife. "Elly-Belly! It's been so long!" He skips over and kisses my cheek. "And my little man." He smiles to Julian and kisses his forehead. "What brings you here?" John asks me. "Thought I'd come and see my favourite lad." I smile. "Awwh thank you!" John smiles. "I mean your son."

"Of course." John sighs. "And Elsie brought her camera." Cynthia says. "Oh goodie! Taking some piccies then?" He asks me. "No, just wanted to make a cocktail with it." I say sarcastically.

We all head outside and I give Julian to John. "Right just stand there- why are you holding him like that?" I ask. "Like what?" He asks me. "Nevermind." I sigh and hold up the camera.

"Alright got it

"Alright got it." I put down my camera. "Cyn love do you want one?" John asks as he rocks Julian. "Yes of course!" She jogs over to John and takes Julian from him. "Right Cyn, can you hold him up like you usually do?" I ask. "Like this?"

"Perfect." I hold up my camera.

"I'll get them sorted for you soon

"I'll get them sorted for you soon." I smile. "Thanks for visiting Elsie." Cynthia smiles as she walks me to the door. "Anything to see little Jules. I'm finally not the smallest here." I laugh.

I begin my drive home in my little Beetle and decide to stop off at the docks for a wander. I bring my camera with me so I could take some pictures of the sun setting.

As I reach the fence and hold up my camera I feel someone touch my shoulder. "Bog off!" I shout and push them away. "Elsie it's me!" He holds up his hands. "Don't fucking do that to me George!" I sigh. "Sorry! I just saw you, and uh- wanted to see how you were."

"I'm fine." I say as I pick up my purse. We stand there in awkward silence. "I see you have a camera." He randomly says. "I sure do." I smile awkwardly.