Chapter 13

"Elsie?"

I quickly pull away and in the corner of my eye I see George stood there, his heart shattering. My idiotic instincts kick in and I look at John and punch him. "Bloody fuck!"

"Ye stupid prick! Why did ye do that, I reminded ye of Cynthia and George and ye still kissed me. Are ye trying to ruin everything!?" I shout and walk into the ladies room.

I look in the mirror and see my smudged lipstick. "I can't believe ye did that John!" I hear George say. "What i- she kissed me back ye nit!" He argues. Shit. "I clearly saw you kissing her. She looked uncomfortable. Why?"

"I- I don't know. I'm drunk alright? I wasn't thinking. Just piss off." I hear John say and then silence. I run the tap to wash my face, trying to wash the guilt away but failing. "Elsie?"

"No." I mumble back. "Can I come in?"

I couldn't answer. The door opens and George saw me on the floor crying. "I'm so sorry." I cry. "Ah we are at this stage of your drunkenness, next stage is being completely out cold." He chuckles. "How can ye laugh? John kissed me!" I say. "John. John kissed ye. It's not yer fault, he's just and I quote you, a dipshit." He smiles. "But I kissed him back."

"Honestly Elsie. You're drunk. It's either kissing John or setting the bar on fire and jumping off the roof." He says. "Please. I want to make it up to you..." I lean in to kiss him but miss his mouth and kissing his chin instead. "Later alright? Not now." He pushes me away.

"Do- do you love me?" I ask, remembering the dream I had. "Of course I love you." He looks into my eyes, trying to figure out what I'm thinking. "You aren't cheating on me are you?" I ask. "Christ no, I would never. Even if I didn't love you I wouldn't hurt ye in that way because I know what you would do." He smiles trying to reassure me, still trying to figure out what I'm thinking, but he pulls the same face he does when he tries to figure out what John is thinking. "So you're not bored of me? Of the sex? Ye don't want something else?"

"No Elsie. Where is this all coming from?" He asks me. "It's just, I had a dream, and Don Everly was in it. And he was saying how ye don't love me, and you're cheating on me and that you're bored of me and want something else." I look down to my hands sat on my lap, intertwining his long fingers. "Every single other girl in the whole entire world is boring compared to you. You come from another world. Come on, it's late, let's get back home."

"Home?" I ask. "I mean Friar Park, but it could be home someday." He smiles and helps me up.

"What's going on?" Paul asks. "We are going back to Friar Park." George announces. "Is she okay?" Ringo asks. "I'm fine." I say.

The car ride back to the house was quiet. "I'm sorry." I say once again. "Don't be love. John should be the one apologising. Let's go home and have cake yeah?"

~~~~~~~~~~

I jump awake at the sound of pans falling in the kitchen. "Christ George it's 3am." I rub my head and suddenly feel an arm land on me. I look to my side and see George fast asleep. I grab the closest object to me, my glasses. I climb out of bed and make my way downstairs.

"Hello?" I creep around the corner and see the kitchen light on. I hear a familiar "huh?" And a curse word. "Johnny?" I stand in the doorway as he looks at me with his hands full of pots and pans. "Were ye gonna attack me with your glasses?" He smirks. I lower my arm.

He continues staring at me until I notice what I'm wearing. "George got it for my birthday." I blush.

" I blush