Chapter 22

"Smile boys." I hold the camera to my face and most of them ignore me.

" I hold the camera to my face and most of them ignore me

"Wow great photo, cheers." I roll my eyes and the plane door opens to the sound of deafening screams. "Holy shit." George jumps and I laugh. "Cyn and Elsie when the boys have their interview you'll go to the hotel." Brian explains. "Oh right-.. okay." I sigh and George grabs my hand.

"Ready for America you lot?" John smiles. "Already been once Lennon." I smile smugly. "Oh shut uppppp." He laughs and steps out of the plane and Cynthia and Paul follow. The screams got louder.

George looks at me and smiles. "Oh I can't wait to show you off." He giggles. "I can't wait to show you off." I smile. We both step out of the plane and the fans all scream louder. I wave and spot a sign that says "We love you Elsie!" And I smile massively. George helps me walk down the steps and we all pose for photos.

"Right Cynthia and Elsie, there's cars waiting for you to go to the hotel now while the boys do a press conference." Brian explains to us. "But I wanna be there with them." I complain. "No Miss Starkey."

*******

Cynthia and I lounge around in the hotel rooms while we wait for the boys. "I can't believe John did it." Cynthia says while she sips her wine. "Did what?" I ask with a mouthful of food. "Get here, the music, the fans, everything really." She explains. "I know right, I can't believe Ritch is with them. He was certain he was going to be in and out of jobs his entire life." I laugh. "Really?" She asks. "Yeah, he worked on a ferry for a week then quit cause he didn't like it." I giggle. "Oh bless him." She downs her drink.

The door suddenly bursts open. "Heil Hitler!" John marches in and walks over to Cynthia and takes her hand and kisses it and she blushes. I clear my throat but halfway through George kisses me. "Well I won't need to kiss your hand Elly-belly." John laughs and looks for the alcohol. George finally pulls away and looks at me. "Hello gorgeous." He smiles. "H-hi." I say all flustered. He chuckles. "Looks like I made a girl blush." He kisses my forehead softly. "You make all of them blush." I hold his hand.

"I'm going down to see the fans, you lot coming?" Paul says as he opens the door. "I will." I stand up still holding Georges hand. "I'll stay if that's alright." Cynthia smiles. "Alright darling." John kisses her. "Stay safe all of you." She smiles.

"Oh I'll look after them." I chuckle and we all walk outside.

It was horribly loud outside the second the fans saw us, a wave of screams strong enough to cause an earthquake. Some fans grab Ringo a few times but the police draw them away. George holds onto my hands tightly and I look at him.

"That hurts y'know." I say to him. "Sorry I don't want anything to happen to you." He looks down at me and smiles. "Nothing will-"

"KISS!" The fans interrupt me and George and I look at them. "KISS KISS KISS!" They all chant and I look at George. He looks down at me. "One for the fans." He smiles his grin and leans down and kisses me, holding my chin. The fans all cheer then a loud bang cuts the noise and it goes quiet.

*John's POV*

"This is great ain't it?" I giggle and nudge Paul and wave to the fans. "I know right?" He smiles. "KISS KISS KISS!"

"Oh 'ere we go, another bloomin' kiss." Paul chuckles. "Oh I know ri-"

"ELSIE!"

I look over and see Elsie on the floor and George leaning over her and full on freaking out. "What the shit-" Ringo rushes over and screams and falls next to Elsie. "What on earth?" I look around and see policemen tackle a woman holding a gun. "Oh goddddd Elsie-" I run over to her. She was bleeding from her side and unconscious. "We need an ambulance- CALL A BLOODY AMBULANCE!" I shout and the police officers usher the fans away.

"Elsie please- please stay with us, think of the wedding my darling..." George sobs into her hand. "John." Ringo says. "What?" I look up and Ringo rips my shirt off. "The fuck?"

"Got to stop the pressure or whatever I don't know I never finished school." Ringo wraps my shirt around Elsie's stomach. George lifts her head onto his lap shakily and sobs. "George she'll be okay. Just hang in there." I say. "Ambulance are on their way." Paul says.

***************

It was already on the news. Elsie was currently in surgery and she was all over the news. "George you need to stop pacing around mate." Paul suggests. "I can't- I don't want to lose her."

"Neither do I George, she's my fucking sister." Ringo says. The doctor walks out. "The surgery went well and Elsie is recovering." We all sigh of relief. "She's awake if you-"

George rushes past and into the room.

*Elsies POV*

The pain I was in was unbearable. The door swings open and George runs in, in tears. "ELLS-BELLS." He sniffles and sits beside me and kisses my hand. "I was so scared I was going to lose ye."

"R-right-" I groan. "I'm sorry darling..." He wipes his eyes. "Some- some fan who wanted me to be hers tried to kill you, but she's been caught and all locked up okay?"

"A-a fan?" I look at him. He gulps. "Yes?"

"Oh god I can't do this George..." I tear up. "D-do what?" He asks.

"This, us. I'm always scared something like this is going to happen... And it did." I say through tears. "Elsie please.. I'll protect ye, with everything I can."

"George I know you can okay? I'm just scared that next time i- I won't wake up.." I sniffle. "But you will y'see?" He rubs my hand. "Elsie I love ye so fucking much I just want to marry ye, so bad. Elsie I need ye."

"George I know ye do, and I'll still be here we just- we can't be together..." I look away. There was silence. "S-so there- there's no wedding?" He asks. I look at him and shake my head. "N-no- there isn't George i- I'm sorry it's my fault." I cry. "Hey- hey..." He wipes my tears and strokes my hair. "Elsie i- I understand, you're scared... But just know.. these last what- 14 years? Have been the best moments of my life. Without you I wouldn't be here. Elsie yer my best friend, forget Ringo, it's always been you." He strokes my cheek. "I- I love you." I say to him. He smiles. "I love you too my Ells-bells." He kisses me. "You- you can have the ring back." I go to take it off but he stops me. "No, you keep it. It's yours after all, a little keepsake to remember those good times yeah?" He smiles and wipes his eyes. I nod. "Always and forever Georgie." I smile and tears fall.

"Always and forever my love." He smiles.