Sorry

//You never really understand
the meaning,
'Too good to be true'
Till signs begin to show up...
-Y/n Y/l/n 'You' //

{5 months later}

Background credits roll on the massive screen, as you snuggle in the corner of your couch, waiting for Mason to come home.

It had been the same for the past weeks.

Mason coming home at ridiculous times, saying he was out with lads.

Normally he'd get home at about 8pm and you guys would watch a movie and chill, if it was still daytime you would go out. Or even go to the movies.

Now there was no time for that.

He leaves super early for the gym, then comes home to get his training gear ready, then leaves straight away,
Spending time with Mason, wasn't even an option at this rate.
You had feared this, and you knew it.
You guys had never figured out how to find time, how to make time.

Maybe this was all rushed?

Drifting off, the door unlocks, and Mason appears, you startle awake, and as you realise who it is, you jump up and wrap your arms around him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Y/n get off me please!" He stiffens his body as if you're an infection of some sort.

Irritated yet confused you back away, "Is something wrong?" You mumble, concern drowning your face as to why, the first time within your 6 months worth of dating he's acting like this.

"Of course something's wrong!" He looks away and laughs at himself comically. "I had the worst day! Lampard wasn't even impressed, in training I couldn't even score! I couldn't even pass properly and I don't even know why! And here you are, asking if I'm ok, flinging yourself on me!" He exclaims, his voice slightly rising.

Sadness explodes in your body, taking control of your nerves, making the tips of your finger all tingly.

"I-" you begin, but decide to walk back to the bedroom.

Mason's POV

Sh*t sh*t.
I didn't mean to explode on her, that wasn't right, not right at all.

I love her so f*cking much, she doesn't deserve this.

She didn't even do anything for gods sake.

Annoyed, I walk into the rooms Y/n's back turned against me, she's balancing on the edge of the bed.

Frowning, I climb into bed, and gently kiss her cheeks, yet my lips are somewhat wet?

She's crying...

Oh f*ck I made her cry!?

No no no.

What am I doing with myself?

I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, and whisper an apology in her ear softly as I wrap my arms around her, pulling her close to me.

Her signature scent drifting up my nose, and my worries seem to fade away,

"Sorry Y/n I love you..."