Sh*t.

//Bittersweet,
This,
Would,
Taste...
-Mason Mount 'You'//

Sunset came to the highlands as God's poetic hues from flame to heather told in a soft rolling verse.

The soft light woke you up, as you realised the shoulder you were leaning on.

The shoulder...seemed different.

Fluttering your eyes, you crash onto the boy before you.

Asher..

Asher?

ASHER?!

As soon as you jerk away, a migraine explodes in your head, opening like a flower, except this is a deadly poisonous flower, which bites away at your sides and picks off memories of you and Mason from your brain.

Mason...

You try, and you mean try, to remember the last thing you did with Mason yet everything clashes toegther, all the memories overlapping one another.

You shut your eyes and take a deep breath.

"Y/n?.." Asher's arm reaches out to you but you move away.

Afraid.

But you don't know what of...

"J-just don't touch me. I need Mason, wha- I don't even know where I am, A-Asher." You let out a sigh, yet the sigh isn't enough, it isn't enough.

It doesn't stop the constant pain, the aching for touch..

For Mason's touch.

"Hey, calm down. I can help you." Asher says calmly but you fight the urge to just slap him across the face for no apparent reason.

Tears roll down your cheek.

Your minds all fuzzy.

You feel gone.

Empty.

Lost.

That feeling when you feel out of this world.

Mason...

Mason's POV

Brianna knocks on my apartment door.

What the hell?

She followed me here.

I unbury myself from my arms and get up to answer the door, making sure my eyes aren't so tear-stained anymore.

The feeling when Y/n's love was placed on another's lip, broke me apart, ripping my organs apart one by one, each time, the memories of Y/n flashing back .

I open the door.

Before I can even breathe Brianna wraps her arm around me, embracing me in herself, and her strong scent drifting uo my nostrils.

A signature perfume almost

I pull away, closing the ajar door behind her.

"Mason I- I'm super duper sorry." She explains quickly although she knows what I'm going to say in return:

"Don't stress it, it's not your fault." I take a deep breathe and collapse onto the sofa, rubbing my sweaty palms against my shorts.

Sh*t.

What is going on?

"Hey...." Brianna begins, sitting down beside me, as I feel one side of the L-shaped grey couch flatten down slightly.
"Things like this happen all the time. It's her loss, you're a great guy Mase." She gently rubs my back and I don't have the effort to tell her to stop.

I can't be arsed for anything.

Nothing.

It's to the point that I feel physically and mentally numb...

Yes, numb.

I ache for Y/n,
But at the same time she broke my heart...