Dinner

//It never occurred to me,
How much I could love someone,
And how many ways,
Love can be expressed,
But I never knew,
That pure love could arrive,
With sadness...
A lot of it.
-Mason Mount 'You//

Mason's POV

Today had been probably one of the hardest days, training also a personal photo shoot for this company.

Brianna, a blonde photographer, ushered me into her studio with a bunch of other people for a photo shoot.

After the photo shoot she had asked if we could go for dinner, with some of her colleagues of course, to discuss other matters, work related matters.

"Can't, I have to go a party with my girlfriend." I smile just thinking about the smile and joy on her face when I see her.

God I can't wait.

"Oh! I heard of that actually! My brother was going to go with his girlfriend but apparently it's cancelled. Eek what a shame!" Brianna grins and waves her arm around. "Apparently a crisis happened or something!"

F*ck, I told Y/n I'll meet her there. I bet she already got ready and everything, I'll take her out for a fancy dinner instead.

"Awh I was looking forward to that." I chuckle. "I still need to get home though, another time?"

Y/n would love the idea of a fancy idea although she may find it as cliche and cheesy, I don't care, she's my girlfriend and I f*cking love her.

"Mason, this opportunity isn't going to across again, I hate to disturb plans between you and your girlfriend. Also, for the alternative, there's this workers-only party somewhere else. So she'll probably be busy anyway." Brianna shrugs and gives me a genuine look.

"Ok let me just text her then!" I pull out my phone from my pocket and text Y/n.

'Hey, everything ok? Heard the party is cancelled, that sucks. I was planning on taking you to fancy dinner, yeah yeah cliche or whatever, I don't care. I'm was down to taking you out. But there's a worker-only party apparently? If so, Wish I could come. Text me back as soon as possible yeah? Love you loser.'

I press send, and slide my phone back into my pocket.

"Are you sure the party is not on?"
I check with Brianna, I don't want to be the type of boyfriend to believe some girl rather that my own girlfriend.

"I think, let me call my brother."

After a few seconds, her brother is on the other end, his deep voice husky yet soft.

"Oh yeah, everyone's at another party, just workers though, literally it's pretty dope" he replies.

"Oh ok thanks Ash." Brianna presses the red button and gives me a look.

"Fineeee!" I groan and she punches the air.

In my car, I follow hers to the restaurant place and to my surprise no one is there. Well obviously customers, but like no 'colleagues'...

"I thought you said your colleagues would be here?" I say, as Brianna leads me to a table booth.

"Oh..they bailed, had some emergency thing coming up."
She explains, although I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Can't back out now.

I check my phone again, no reply.

Is she ok?

I can't just call Y/n in the middle of something, that'd be rude...

Oh f*ck it she's my girlfriend I don't give a f*ck whether it's rude or not,

I pull out my phone and call her, but nothing comes up, she doesn't even answer,
My knee bounces up and down.

"What's wrong?"

"Not sure...Y/n's not answering my texts.."

"I could call my brother and see if he can see her, is that ok?"

I smile from relief, "Yeah please?"

I sound like such a protective boyfriend, but isn't that what I'm supposed to do?

After a while, knowing that Y/n is safe and sound and enjoying herself, I begin my meal with Brianna, and to be honest she's a pretty funny person, her humour is nothing compared to Y/n's, but it's decent.