Chapter 9

(I know you all must need a recap before reading this 😬 I'm sorry and thank you for being patient with me. Writer's block SUCK)

Third person's pov:

Taehyung stays busy for the next few days. With the big day coming up for his brother, his father retiring and Namjoon stepping up as the new CEO of their father's company. His father will remain the chairman of the company, he can still influence the major decisions but overall it will work under Namjoon. They have been preparing for it for months now and Taehyung is well aware how huge yet stressful it is for his brother so he wants stands by his side.

His routine revolves with going to school and then back anf forth with Namjoon and the company. Of course, Jeongguk is included in that cycle too. But he can barely spend anytime with the demon, and if he has noticed right, Jeongguk seems a busy too. Or maybe he's aware of Taehyung's current situatuon so he's being considerate and not nagging him much but Taehyung doubts that.

Taehyung is kind of embarrassed to admit but he had been paranoid a little when Jeongguk didn't bug him. Yes, he thought the demon was gonna pop out of nowhere anytime, but when he didn't, Taehyung will look around wondering if Jeongguk had decided to spy on him while deciding to stay invisible. But that didn't make sense and Taehyung had rolled his eyes to himself for thinking that.

"Yoongi told me you asked him to find himself a date for the day," Teahyung looks up from his laptop screen at Namjoon's voice. They are in Namjoon's office after a very busy afternoon of going through all the arrangements for tomorrow's ceremony.

Namjoon continues, sipping on his coffee while scrolling through his phone and overall nonchalant about it. "I'm hoping you found a new one, that isn't Yoongi, for yourself too"

Taehyung lowers his head a little so only the mop of his newly dyed black hair are visible to Namjoon. It's not intentional but Jeongguk's replies to when he had asked him to be his date, come back to his and he wants to hide his face. Woried that somehow Namjoon is gonna read his face.

It had went like; after waitimg for a reply and contemplating whether he should delete the text when he still has time to Jeongguk fianlly replying with a (. . .) Taehyung wanted to smack him.

He asked what was that for and Jeongguk said he wanted Taehyung to make sure that he texted the right number. And after some long, teasing and obviously flirty (read: filthy) comments, Jeongguk had said yes (of course).

"I think. Yes", he replies just as nonchalant but Namjoon looks up, placing the coffee back on the table.

There is a sligth tug on his lips. Eyes soft as he looks at the younger. "That makes me happy, Tae," when Taehyung looks up like he might complain about it, Namjoon hurriedly speaks again, "Even if you're bringing a friend. I'm just glad that you decided to change your mind and bring someone-"

"Who isn't Yoongi", he silently adds. Taehyung lips part in offense. But Namjoon is smiling, a teasing edge to it.

"If this is your way to tell me I'm lonely and have no friends who aren't Min Yoongi. I feel sorry for you"

Namjoon manages to laugh in return at the look of utter offense on Taehyung's face.

Taehyung loves his brothers, really. But sometimes he wishes he was their father so he could disown them.

>>>>>

It's a little late than usual when Taehyung returns to his apartment. He gets cozy on his couch, in his grey pajamas, a warm blanket over him as he decides to go through some of his school work. His work glasses perched up on his nose.