Chapter 12

Third person's pov:

Seokjin steps inside. Lifts a hand to softly rub at Hoseok's nape. He whispers something close to him. Hoseok nods and leaves for kitchen while Seokjin comes to Taehyung.

"I'm here to get Jeongguk. Can you show where he is?"

He is so polite, voice honey laced that Taehyung is a little mesmerized by him for a while, before he finally nods and takes him to the bedroom.

Seokjin sighs when he sees Jeongguk laying on the bed. Its laced with worry but also sounds relieved.

"This brat is gonna get me to die despite my eternal life"

Despite the words, his voice is fond, not really complaining. And Taehyung can't help a smile at that.

Seokjin sits on the edge of bed. Near Jeongguk's feet and motions Taehyung to sit too. Taehyung takes small steps and sits on the other edge. Making sure to not disturb Jeongguk.

"You're as beautiful as Jeongguk claimed. It's good to finally meet you, Taehyung"

Taehyung looks away, flustered by the sudden compliment. A small "Thank you" is all he can manage to reply.

Yoongi awkwardly clears his throat by the conversation and Seokjin, as if for the first time, sees him.

"Oh hi there, pretty boy. I'm Seokjin. You are?"

Taehyung quirks an eyebrow when he sees Yoongi's ears turning pink as he tries his best to stay composed.

"Min Yoongi. I'm Taehyung's friend"

"Best friend", Taehyung quietly adds.

Seokjin hums. Looking between the two. His smile never leaving his lips.

"Nice to meet you too, Min Yoongi," Seokjin says and the continues, looking between the two friends. "Please, don't mind us invading your friend's house. And if Hoseok was a little rude, I'm sorry for that too. He's a fluffball but very protective of Jeongguk"

Yoongi thinks he wasn't just a little rude. He was being an absolute asshole. But still politely nods his head.

But then Seokjin laughs. It's bright and lovely. "Oh I'm really sorry. He's not really an asshole. I promise"

Yoongi flusters even more, eyes wide as he shakes his head. "No, no. I didn't-- didn't mean it"

He tries to explain but Seokjin waves a hand to dismiss it. "Shh, it's fine"

In the very moment Taehyung feels Jeongguk move his head. Just a slight movement, he looks down to see Jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed and lips pulled in a grimace. He looks in pain.

Taehyung shifts, quickly taking a hold of his hand, other cradling his head. He looks down, anxiously waiting for the demon to show any signs of awaking up. Jeongguk just stirs in his sleep for while until finally after a few seconds, he squeezes his eyes. Forces them to open.

"Tae.." that is the first thing Jeongguk forces out of his throat, trying to focus his eyes on Taehyung's face. He voice raw and rough.

Taehyung squeezes his hand. "Yeah. It's okay. You're good" he softly whispers reassurances to the demon.

Jeongguk speaks something again and Taehyung has to lean down to hear it properly. And he catches the words "hyung" and "Hoseok".

"Oh, they are here. Your hyungs are here"

Jeongguk manages to slowly open his eyes at that. He tries to push his weight up to sit and whimpers once he moves. Taehyung stays by his side. Aware of Seokjin's eyes on them but still not saying a word.