Chapter 15

Third person's pov:

"Not teleportation, please", Taehyung pleads when Jeongguk makes them both stand and holds both of Taehyung's hands. "That makes me sick", he says wjat he always says while teleporting, with his lips turned down in a frown, visible discomfort in his eyes.

"I'm sorry but there's no flight ticket to hell. We have to do it like this", Jeongguk replies tugging him a little closer. Taehyung looks away with an obvious roll of eyes. "We've done it before. Just close your eyes and hold onto me, yeah?", that's what Jeongguk always says too.

The elder still looks hesitant, he bites his lip, unsure. But then Jeongguk circles his arms around Taehyung's shoulders and pulls him to his chest. "Just start humming something," he speaks softly, "I promise you'll be fine"

Taehyung fists his hands in Jeongguk's jacket that he has thrown on just now and hides his face in his neck. "Ok. Yeah, ok. It'll be nothing. It'll be quick. I'm fine--", he starts mumbling to ground himself but then he feels the initial tug, pulling him off the ground. The first second is always the worst, makes him wanna spill his guts out.

His head spins like it always does when they teleport. Vision getting dark and blurry, he does feel the nausea build up too but Jeongguk starts softly rubbing his sides. Presses a couple of kisses on his temple and whispers soft encouraging words like, so good, angel, you're fine, I've got you.

And then slowly, he coaxes Taehyung to open his eyes. It takes a moment. And Taehyung, without much expectations does just that. His head spins, makes him stumble a little bit Jeongguk doesn't let go. He keeps his eyes on every single of Taehyung's reaction. And for an initial moment, Taehyung thinks it's like nothing has changed.

He manages to move his head and look around. They are out in open somewhere. Seems like a wide open ground. His nerves pick up the moment he looks at the sky, it's gray, like gloomy before the rain. The first sign that it's not Seoul anymore. He can see a fenced wall some distance away. Other than that, it's a grassy land. And if he vould see past the fog and mist, there's silhouettes of far away building too.

"Hey? Are we good?", he hears Jeongguk speak. Taehyung turns to him, he swallows, refusing to look around anymore. It's nerve wrecking, to think where actually he is.

"Yeah", he clears his throat when it feels too dry and nods his head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Is it really.." he trails off in hesitation. It makes the demon chuckle.

"It is my home. Where I belong", Jeongguk softly replies, moving his fingers to tuck Taehyung's hair behind his ear. His hair are not really long though, so it's a futile to tuck them back. "Are you sure you wanna stay?"

Taehyung takes a deep breath. To think of it as Jeongguk's home and place is much better. He tries to shake the nervous feelings off. "Yes. But..", he briefly looks around too. "What is this place?"

Jeongguk finally smiles at that. He takes hold of Taehyung's shoulders. "Look for yourself", and he nudges Taehyung until the human turns around. He hears the soft gasp Taehyung let's out, the way he slightly backs away in Jeongguk arms.

"Holy.. fucking shit", Jeongguk moves his hands down and grips lightly on Taehyung's arms. He bites his lips, holding back a huge grin.

"I know right? Now shall we go inside?", he asks. But Taehyung starts shaking his head.

"That's-- what? I mean", Taehyung turns around, standing so close to Jeongguk. "Jeongguk, that's a palace. A huge fucking one", Taehyung exclaims, confused and moving his arms around. "What the fuck exactly are you?"

Jeongguk sighs, averting his gaze. "Taehyung", he starts to say, eyes down. "Don't get me wrong, ok? I didn't mean to lie to you. But I definitely don't tell just anyone about me too. Not even you. So I'm not really sorry"