Chapter 21

Third person's pov:

When Taehyung manages to open his eyes again, he doesn't remember how much time has passed. His musles ache and there's a pounding headache. At first, he can not recall anything and through his hazy vision the first thing he sees is all dark. There's a distant voice he can hear but no words make sense.

He believes he passes out again because the next time he opens his eyes, his vision is better. His throat feels dry and muscles still ache but the headache is almost gone. He winces when he tries to get up. It's then when he notices the metal cuffs chaining his hands and feet to the wall.

They are cold around his wrists and ankles, he feels cold all over, still dressed in the black turtle neck and jeans he had planned to wear for Seojoon's ceremony and never got a chance to change out of them.

"What's up?", his head shoots up at the familiar voice. Only then noticing the other figure in similar condition sitting across him.

"Felix?", his voice comes out scratchy. He wets his chapped lips, desperately craving some water and tries to take a better look at Felix.

"Took your time waking up, sleeping beauty", Felix doesn't look directly at him. His head leaned back on the wall, eyes on Taehyung. Taehyung can not see much of him as the only light source in the room is a small window high up on the wall beside him. But by the voice he can tell the younger sounds weak, almost sick.

The room itself is quite large, a metal door on the opposite wall to the window. It has no lock, no handle from the inside. The walls and ceiling are plain white with only a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling which is currently switched off. The place is not like an underground dungeon, instead it's like a room from a high class mental assylum. Like a big metal cage.

Taehyung doesn't know what is worse between them.

"Where are we? Are you okay?'', he asks Felix. He tries to scoot forward, reach out to him but the chains are only some inches long.

"How'd you end up here?", Felix asks instead. His voice disturbs Taehyung. Something here does not feel right. Felix does not feel alright.

"I.. I was in Seokjin's house. With Yoongi. The last thing I remember is Ten", Taehyung swallows as he recalls the man. His soulless eyes and emotionless voice. That was not the Ten he has known all these years.

"You know who they are?", Felix asks, suddenly more alert. He straightens his back and stares at Taehyung.

"A friend. He worked at Yoongi's place. Something was.. not right with him that night"

With a soft thud, Felix leans his head back again.

"Felix, are you hurt?"

From the small frosted window, he can tell the day is getting darker. He was brought here at night. Most probably it's the next evening. He was passed out for a day straight.

"Nah. They brought me here to play cards"

Taehyung thinks he deserved it. Of course, Felix wasn't there guest here. But still, he doesn't know how to say it, but the energy is off about Felix and it's concerning Taehyung. But when he doesn't reply after while, Felix speaks again. His tone softer, voice low.

"I'm gonna die", Taehyung looks up. Words of consolation on his tongue. He wants to tell to keep hope, they can get out of here. But Felix continues, "They have poisoned me. I don't have my powers anymore"

That gets Taehyung's full attention. Somi had told him the same thing about Hoseok and Seokjin, but they didn't seem so much concerned, like they thought they were gonna die. He tells Felix that much.