Chapter 10

Third person's pov:

"Are they from the same person?"

Hoseok turns his head to the voice. Jeongguk is standing near the bathroom door, a damp towel in his hands to clean the blood splattered around his upper torso.

Hoseok sighs, looks back at the gadgets he was inspecting. Yet again cufflinks and a couple of buttons, same as what they found 9n their last targeted man.

"They are. Made of copper, stone used is sapphire", he turns back to Jeongguk who has a frown on his face now, jaw a little tense. Hoseok wants to assure him that it's okay, nothing too concerning, but that would be a lie. And they both know it. "Gguk, you need to be more careful. That was a close call"

Jeongguk scoffs, drops the towel back on the counter. Seokjin hates wet clothes in his laundry. 

"These small things aren't really enough to kill me, Hoseok" he says walking back in the room where the elder is sitting on the bed. He sounds tired.

"Of course, not. And I don't doubt your powers. But they can be really damaging. And how back to back we're finding these on our targets, that's alarming"

Hoseok moves up then, coming to inspect the wound on Jeongguk's bare shoulder. It's a small cut but he physically winces as he sees how deep it had went.

Jeongguk doesn't seem much bothered, he is digging in the pocket of jacket he had been wearing earlier. He pulls out a pocket sized knife from it. The copper knife that was used to attack him. Just when Seokjin enters the room. A first aid kit in his hands.

Seokjin looks over Hoseok shoulder to take a look of the wound before handing Hoseok the kit to help himself with it. He himself sits beside Jeongguk, sees the knife in his hand which still has dried blood on it. Jeongguk's blood.

"Guess our great majesty aren't as invincible as we thought they were" he keeps his tone light, teasing.

Jeongguk looks up at him before turning his gaze away with a scoff. "I never said I was"

"You'll need a couple of stictches", Hoseok informs from the other side. Jeongguk could care less, they have bigger problems in hand. He nods at the other as Hoseok starts doing his work.

Seokjin has taken the knife from him, turning it around to look closely. Luke Hoseok said, It has the same blue jewels embedded on the handle. And the blade, though small, seems very sharp. As if on purpose, not to kill but just let it's victims suffer.

"I don't know what they can do with our blood. Good thing we didn't leave it there for them" Seokjin comments as he takes a wipe, wetting it with an antiseptic and starts to clean the knife.

"We need to find these witches. I can't believe we aren't able to trace them so far" Jeongguk whispers, eyebrows pinched together. He flinches a little when Hoseok uses the needle again but the elder quickly apologises with a sheepish smile.

"They are good with what they do. And seem well aware of our presence. I can not let you go alone from now on. Take Jin or me with you" Hoseok speaks after a few seconds.

Jeongguk looks like he might protest but Seokjin speaks up before he can. "We have direct orders to protect you. And even punish you if you go against us and risk yourself"

That only deepens the frown on Jeongguk's face. "I am not a kid. You and your majesty both need to know that", he grits out annoyed.

Seokjin only looks smugly at him in reply, he knows he has the upper hand no matter what Jeongguk thinks. While Hoseok pulls away when he is done. Going to the bathroom to wash his hands.