Goodnight

A/N: So this is my first chapter on here. I have never actually published anything so i don't know if this is good or not, please let me know.

Age: 18/22
Word count: 2100
TW: Abuse
Summary: y/n is awfully surprised
----------------------------------------------------

'Nat, have you seen my...', I start but halfway my sentence, I find the thing I was looking for. 'Have I seen your what?', Nat chuckles from the living room. 'Never mind, already found it.'. I answer. I was looking for the key of my apartment, since I've got to go soon. I put on my leather jacket and walk to the living room, to say goodbye to my girlfriend, Natasha. We've only been dating for a couple of weeks now, so most of the time, I just go home at the end of the day. Only if it's really rainy or something, Nat offers me to sleep over, or the other way around, but that doesn't happen very often.

I stick my head through the doorway and see Nat doing the dishes in front of the sink. 'Nat?', I start. She turns around and a smile forms around her lips. 'Are you going already?', she asks as she sees I've got my jacket on. 'Well, it's getting dark and I don't really like driving in the dark, you know that.', I explain. 'And you don't want to stay the night?', she asks. I smile. 'Hm, this will be fine.', I chuckle. 'Alright then.', Nat says as she comes closer to walk me out. 'Text me once you got home okay?', she asks as she is leaning against the doorway. 'I will.', I promise. I stare in her hazel green eyes and we both lean in for a kiss. Her lips feel soft against mine, and it's hard for both of us to pull back. 'Good night Natasha.', I whisper. 'Goodnight y/n.', she whispers back. As I walk towards my car, I turn my head back a couple of times, to see Nat, still standing in the doorway, watching me as I go. Before closing the door of the car I wave one more time, what makes her laugh a little.

There are not many cars on the highway tonight, what makes it a little harder to focus. Sometimes, I feel my eyes getting heavy, so I'll have to turn the volume of the radio a bit up. I look at my google maps and see I only have to drive for ten more minutes. That should be doable. I ask Siri to add my three favourite songs to the playlist so I can sing along, what keeps me awake. As I make the last turn and enter my street, I notice something a bit odd. I thought I put the lights out when I left this morning. Hm, guess I didn't.

I park my car and struggle with my keys to open the door. I put my phone and keys on the stand and slowly take of my jacket, tired. While kicking off my shoes, I head to the kitchen for a glass of water, and also, to dim the light in the living room. God, that energy bill is not going to be fun. As I'm filling my glass, I hear a small sound from the room behind me. I freeze.

'Hello y/n.', a familiar male voice says.

The glass slips through my fingers and shatters on the ground in a million pieces. 'Aren't you happy to see me?', he asks. I slowly turn around and look right into the eyes of Dave, my ex-boyfriend. He had been obsessively stalking me since I dumped him two years ago. Before, I was in an abusive relationship with him for six months, and it was so hard to get away there. I've moved places twice, switched my number four times and deleted all of my social media. When I moved in this place three months ago, it seemed like it finally stopped, but apparently it didn't, because here he is. I search my back-pocket but then realize I left my phone in the hallway.

Fortunately he didn't realize. Trying to keep my cool, I stand up straight. 'I'm not overly excited yes.'. 'Those are some mean words coming out of such a sweet mouth.', he says as he takes one step forward. I try to take a step back but the granite from the countertop is cold against my back. There's no way for me to go.

'Are you a little scared?', he asks. I swallow one time before answering. 'Never.', I lie. 'Why don't you and I have a little talk hm? Just like old times.'. Old times. Those words, they scare the hell out of me. 'Uhm. Yeah. Okay. Whatever you want.', I stumble. He grabs me by my wrist and pulls me over to the couch, where he sits down really close to me. I try to move a little to the side, but he just moves with me, and puts an arm around my shoulder. For a moment, we both don't say anything. 'So what exactly were you thinking for these past years. Ignoring my letters, switching numbers. That's not kind. You kinda hurt me there.'. I don't answer him, instead, I keep my head low.