Thats a serious crime

A/N: hiii, so my test week is officially done! I'm a little nervous for my grades but nonetheless it will be alright of course. I'm sorry this is a little shorter than normal and I'm not really sure how much i like it, but I really needed something to post, since OH MY FKING GOD WE'VE PASSED 10K!! All I can say is I'm really grateful for each one of you and hope you still enjoy it! Xx

Age: 19/20
Word count: 1171
TW: none
Summary: y/n studies for an exam but it doesn't go that well
———————————————————————
'Fuck!', I yell to my mathematics book. I have an exam next week, but I just don't understand it.

At all.

I have been studying for weeks now, but I keep doing it wrong. No matter how many youtube videos I watch, how many hours I spent, I just don't get it. It's so frustrating.

I could ask Tony, but I just know he isn't that good at explaining, I mean yeah he's smart, but he gets annoyed if I don't get it right away.

I take a look at the clock and see it's already 11 pm. Fuck.

Half an hour later, there's a knock on my door. I quickly wipe the tears on my cheeks away.

'Yeah?'.

Nat peeks her head through the door. 'You okay there?', she asks, her eyes scanning me closely.

'Uhm. Yeah, of course.'.

She walks in, grabs a chair from the corner and then sits down next to me. 'Heard a lot of swearing words minutes ago.', she comments, while taking my notebook.

'Oh...'.

'You've got that exam next week right?', she asks, flipping through the pages while placing her feet on the desk.

'Yupp.'.

How does she even know this, I never talk to her. To my discomfort.

'Isn't going very well hm?', she chuckles. Auch.

'Thanks.', I stumble.

She laughs but then grabs a pen and changes her position.

'You might wanna try multiplying by pi, before adding the distance, not after.', she says, circling my mistakes.

'And I see you've made the same mistake here... here... and here.'.

I stare at her with the most confused expression, as she ticks in the numbers in the calculator.

'Then the answer should be... 2849. Right?', she asks, looking up. I check the answers sheet, and see she's indeed right.

'Uhm, yes.'.

She hands me the pen, after she has scribbled a little exercise for me. 'Try this one.', she orders.

I follow the steps she took moments ago, and show her my answer.

'Correct.', she smiles, adding a smiley on the paper. 'You want me to run you through the other paragraphs as well?', she asks.

I don't really get where this is coming from. We barely talk, I don't think we've ever had a conversation from over five minutes.

'Uhm, well if you have time I think it would be nice but...'. 'I've got time.'.

We decide to meet up every evening at seven, so we have a few hours.

The first few sessions went great, like really great. She explains well, and is really patient. It's just nice, it made me feel prepared.

Yes. Past tense. Because these past few days, I keep catching myself getting distracted when she's explaining. I mean, I know she's pretty, everyone does. But I never noticed the exact color of her hair. The scent of her perfume, how she blinks twice when she tries to understands something.