You already said that*

A/N: hiiii. Okay so this actually came earlier than I expected, but hey, i'm not complaining. I've had two exams today and I think they went well. One of them was a writing assignment for English, so I think it would be quite embarrassing if I would fail that one, though English ain't my native language. Anygays, thank you so much for all these reads and votes, it really motivates! Have a wonderful day/night. Xx

Word count: 2017
TW: smut
Summary: y/n and Nat are working together in office-duty.
———————————————————————

'You okay there?'.

Oh right. She's talking to me.

'Hm? Yeah, I'm good.', I answer, breaking the spell that's been keeping my eyes on her. She smiles, before returning to her file.

We're in the office right now, and Nat and I are both signed on paper-duty. I've always found it quite boring, but I don't really mind doing it with Nat. She's my friend. A good friend.

Just a friend.

Well, that's what I've been trying to make myself believe. Because that is what we are supposed to be. Not partners, not a couple, not lovers, like my mind decided.

Just friends.

I've finished my sixth file half an hour ago, and didn't find the motivation to start on a seventh. I mean, I don't mind just staring at the girl in front of me. It's a nice view, I'm not gonna lie.

Since we have to do nothing official, she is just in a hoody and sweatpants, her red hair draped around her shoulders, every once in a while covering her eyes. She's behind a laptop, with a notebook next to her, back of the pencil against her lips, brows furrowed.

Must be a hard case.

'Shouldn't you work?', she comments.

Goddamnit.

'Yeah...'. I sigh and stand up to get myself another file from one of the shelves. I pick one of the shorter ones, and start flipping through the pages. Natasha runs on of her hands through her hair, then moving it to the side.

She really has no idea what this does to me. God.

I start writing down the important points, trying tot not let my eyes dart to my 'friend' on the other side of the table.

When another hour has passed, Nat stands up. 'I'm gonna get a cup of coffee, you want one as well?', she offers, already making her way towards the door.

'Yes please, with...'.

'Only sugar, I know.', she chuckles, before closing the door.

I know Nat had been busy with a case for over two hours now, so I decide to take a look at it. Maybe I can help.

Oh damn. It's the Jones case. Yeah, that is a though one.

Let me picture it for you. It's about a man, Alec Jones, who is a riding a train. He was cruising over the rails, until he saw a person on the trail. There was nothing he could do, well, except pulling a lever, moving to a different track where he would ran over another person. He didn't do that, which led to the death of the man who was on the first track.

But here's the thing. Normally, this would be judged as an accident, of course. But the wife of the man on the first track, accused Jones of murder, since he didn't do anything he could to save the men's life. Theoretically, the wife is right, if you don't do anything to prevent it, you can be accused of murder. But if the man would have physically pulled the lever, he would have consciously murdered someone, which would get him in jail much longer.