A little more than friends

A/n: yeah so I don't really know what this is, I guess it's just my fear projected in the story?? I'm sorry if this ever happened to you, please know you are loved by who you are. You are amazing! Hope you guys kind of like this (the ending in specific). Xx

Age: 17
Word count: 1592
TW: homophobia, swearing
Summary: y/n wants to come out
———————————————————————
'Are you sure you wanna do this today?', Nat asks me when we're on my doorstep.

'Yeah... I think so.', I say as I grab her hand. Today I am going to come out to my parents. I have been secretly dating Natasha for over a year now, but I don't want to lie about everything anymore. My parents raised me quite strict, so I'm not really sure how they're gonna react honestly.

'You know you don't have to do it for me right? This is completely fine by me too.', Nat assured me one more time, like she's been for the pat couple of weeks. Mom and dad know Nat and I are really good friends, so they see her a lot, but they don't know we are more than that. And I was fine with that for a long time, but lately it's been a weight on my shoulders. They keep introducing me to some guys they met through colleagues or something, which really is so awkward.

'I know Nat, but I just... I want this.', I tell her. 'Okay then...'. She gives my hand a little squeeze to encourage me, and then lets go. We still have to get inside after all. I unlock the door and take off my coat, after taking off Nat's. 'Hey mom, dad!', I greet them as we step into the kitchen. The smell of fresh baked lasagna fills the room, as my dad plays his favorite playlist in the background.

'Hey honey, how was school?', my mom asks me. 'It's going... quite busy lately but it's fine.'. 'Oh, hi Natasha! Good to see you too after so long.', mom says once she noticed Natasha. 'I thought you said she would be a bit late?'.

'I was sent away early, the professor got sick miss y/l/n.', Natasha tells politely.

'Please just call me Susan, we've known each other for five years now.', Susan chuckles. We seat ourselves on the couch as dad finishes the lasagna.

'So, Natasha... have you count you prince yet? Y/n still hasn't, but maybe you're in bette luck?', mom asks. Nat takes a deep breath. 'Well... yes... I have been seeing someone for a while now.', she says. 'Oh that amazing dear! Who's the lucky guy?', she asks enthusiastic. Nat looks around as she stumbles some random words. 'Okay okay, I get it, it's private of course.', mom laughs.

We chat a little about some things that happened in school, until we get called in for dinner. 'You okay?', Nat whispers worried when my mom is getting the cutlery. 'Yeah... just, you know... nervous.', I mumble. 'You got this. No matter what happens, I've got your back alright?'. I give her a smile. 'Thank you.'.

'And tadaa... my masterpiece!', dad yells when he walks in, the hot lasagna in his hands. 'It smells great mister y/l/n.', Nat complements him. He smiles and then sits down, chopping the thing in pieces. 'So, I heard you're seeing someone Natasha?', he asks. 'Dear, she doesn't want to talk about him, I told you just minutes ago.', mom says as she gives him a push on the shoulder. 'I'm just showing interest', dad laughs as he raises his hands in the air. Me and Nat are both really red by now, so I decide to twitch the topic for a second.

'How was it with your boss today dad?'. He immediately starts to rumble about what he said, what his boss said, then back to him. Not that everyone's truly interested, but it's a nice distraction for a while.

When I'm halfway through my meal, I realize I really don't have that much time left. I take a few deep breaths, before starting to speak.

'Uhm, mom, dad, I actually wanted to share something with you guys.', I start nervously. They look up surprised.