Follow my lead

A/N: hiii, sorry it's been a while, but my testweek is finally over!! I am so happy to have time to write again and I want to thank you all so much for the support i've been getting these past weeks. Your comments are really making my day. I hope you like this chapter, it just popped up and i've finished it at 1:10 in the morning so... I tried my best, so please let me know what you think. ALSO OVER 11K THANK YOU!!! Xx

Age: 17/19
Word count: 1411
TW: none
Summary: y/n takes ballet classes, AU
———————————————————————

I'm tying my laces in the dressing room as all the other girls have already left to the ballet hall. I just moved here, which means I have to start over with well, everything.

School starts in a week, but ballet already did a week ago. I have no idea who the other girls are, or who my teacher is, so I'm kind of nervous.

The second I step into the hall, all of the heads turn, including the teacher's.

'You're late.', she comments, looking me up and down.

'I'm sorry, I thought the lessons started at...', I slightly protest, but she had already turned away.

I quickly get in line, looking at the ground. I slide one of my foots over the wood. Hm, it's a little smoother than my previous studio.

'Welcome class. Good to see each one of you again. We have a new pupil today, so I suggest that we start with an introduction.'.

Shit. My god I hate this so much.

'What is your name?', the teacher asks.

'Uhm, I'm y/n, y/l/n.', I stumble. She keeps looking at me, so I nervously continue. 'I'm seventeen years old, and I just moved here.'.

Everyone stays silent, until the teacher starts speaking again. I have not quite figured out her age yet, she seems a bit young to be a teacher at such a high level.

'Thank you y/n. And welcome. I'm Natasha Romanoff, but it will be miss Romanoff for you and the rest.', she introduces.

That an odd name for someone who lives in America.

I notice she isn't wearing one of those tight buns, but her hair is just loose on her shoulders. Only her front locks are tied together in a knot on the back of her head.  She wears a pair of tight shorts and a sweatshirt, which suits her amazing.

'For today, we will continue the dance we started last week, y/n I assume you will catch up quickly, since I've seen you're previous accomplishments.'.

Everyone moves to the bar, so do I, and miss Romanoff starts the music.

'Five, six, seven, eight.', she counts. For the first round, I observe the group, trying to remember the routine as good as possible.

Miss Romanoff watches each of them carefully, every now and then correcting a movement. She's strict. Like. Really strict.

'Straighten your back.' she orders when I bend through my knees. I quickly do as told, clenching my jaws given how tensed I am.

After we've repeated the dance for a couple of times, miss Romanoff turns of the music.

She scratches the back of her neck, her hair now on one side of her shoulder. 'I hope you have all noticed this is not good. Robin, your ankles are too weak, Julia your timing is terrible. God. Elle you still move your arms too much and y/n you've got a lot of potential but you're stiff and sloppy at once.', she lets out, then sighs.

'I suggest we take five, and then we'll start over.'.

Shit shit shit.

I take a few sips of water and wipe the sweat of my face. I honestly thought we did pretty well.