I do like a professor

A/N: helloo, yeh, I hope you like this one. i've been quite busy lately so I'm afraid I can only post like once in three days... school is stressful. hope everyone is doing okay<3!! ALSO STOP WE'RE ALMOST AT 25K THATS INSAAAAAANE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

Age: end twenties
Word count: 1561
TW: none
Summary: Nat is y/n's girlfriend, after y/n got divorced, and Luke is the kid y/n already had.
———————————————————————

'Mom, when's Natasha coming over again?', Luke asks me while he's doing his math homework on the kitchen table. After me and Luke's dad split up, I started dating Natasha. Of course I waited some time, since it's hard for a kid to move on, and it doesn't make it much easier that we broke up because I turned out to be gay... Now, we're almost three years together, but she still lives at her own place most of the time.

For the past couple of weeks, Natasha had been on a business trip to London, she's a lawyer, so she wasn't here. I think it's been almost four weeks by now. We do have contact by app once a day, but of course it isn't the same.

'I don't know for sure honey, depends on the case.', I explain, grabbing my cup of tea, joining him. He and Natasha get along really well from since the beginning, which is nice of course. 'That's too bad.', he sighs, then focussing on his homework again.

I hum in response, while I grab my phone to check my notifications. One from work, a few from Wanda about some useless shit, sorry, and two from Nat.

Nat<3:
I'll be back by tomorrow :)

Nat<3:
Gonna drop my thinks at my place and then I'll join for dinner if that's okay?

I smile while texting her back that of course that's totally fine. I assume she won her case, since otherwise she wouldn't add smileys.

'You need some help with that buddy?', I ask Luke after a few minutes of him struggling. He sighs and then nods, turning the book towards me. 'Okay, show me how far you've gotten.'.

-

It's getting late by now, Luke went upstairs two hours ago, but I'm not tired yet. I know I should be sleeping, tomorrow I've got an early shift, but I just can't get my mind to rest. So annoying. Then, I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket.

Nat<3:
Hi love, you still up? Xx

I smile while quickly typing a reply.

Me:
Yepp, you too?

Nat<3:
Yess, just arrived at the airport, I'm boarding in four hours.

Me:
Wanna facetime?

Just seconds later, Nat's profile pops up on my screen. 'Hello lovely.', I smile, seeing her face up-close on my phone. She slightly chuckles as she gets her AirPods in place. 'Can you hear me?', she asks. I nod and raise my thumb. She laughs. 'Great, because then I can tell you how much I miss you.'

She's so sweet.

'I miss you too Nat.', I answer. 'Luke too by the way.'.

'He does?', she asks surprised, a faint blush appearing on her cheeks. 'Yeah, he asks me everyday when you will get back.'.

'Well, tell him I miss him too.'. She stares for a second, doing her best to hide her excitement. Gosh she's adorable.

'How was court?', I ask after a few minutes. She seems to wake from her gaze. 'It went well, I won.', she tells proud. Nat is a really good lawyer, quite intimidating, but she doesn't have much confidence. You can't tell by the way, she looks so strong from the outside, but sometimes her insecurity shows itself to me. 'Of course you won, you're the best lawyer I know.', I complement.