Only one tiny little sip

A/N: hellooooo! so this one has been stuck in my mind for quite a while now, I hope you like it. I think I'm gonna write a part 2 for this one, but I would like your opinion :). hope everyone's doing okay, and I love you lots. your support and comments mean the world to me right now. Xx

Age: 24-ish
Word county: 1431
TW: none
Summary: y/n meets someone new in the coffeeshop next doors.
———————————————————————

The bell rings as I step inside the small cafe, just two blocks away from my appartement. The smell of fresh coffee is filling the room, the warmth embracing me like a blanket.

It's freezing outside, literally freezing. The snow I accidentally brought with me is dripping down my coat, forming a puddle on the ground.

I notice I'm far from alone, the only free spot is the one next to the bar.

'Hi, what can I get you?', the girl behind the counter asks. I look up, and am met by a charming smile. White teeth, open green eyes, red hair up in a ponytail.

'Uhm, just a regular black please.', I ask, taking place on the barstool.

'Consider it done.', she smiles, turning around to the tap.

I quickly check my emails, but there's nothing special. My boss sent my something about a client but today's my day off, so I don't have to worry about that. I've got a few other mails, but that's mostly advertising so I don't really pay attention.

'There you go, one regular black.', the girl smiles, placing the paper cup in front of me.

'Thanks.', I say, flashing her a smile. I let it cool down for a few minutes, not really looking forward to burning my tongue of course.

Due to the snow, everything outside is slower. People are extra careful during their walk, cars are driving at a low speed, children moving like Bambi on ice.

Inside the cafe it's calm. People are just working on their laptops, or chatting with a friend. I am one of the few ones who is alone. The girl behind the counter finishes the order of the last man in line, before walking over to me.

'Hi.', she greets.

I'm not sure why, but I get nervous under her gaze. 'Good morning.', I smile, my hands folding around the paper cup.

'What's a pretty girl like you doing here on a wednesday morning?', she jokes.

I take a sip of my coffee, my eyes observing her carefully. 'Could ask you the same.'.

'I'm working.', she answers.

'Well I'm not.', I return, smirking.

She laughs, god she has a beautiful laugh. 'Yes I've gathered that.'.

A silence drops as both of us don't really know what to say.

'So uhm... what time are you off today?'; I ask, since she's still in front of me.

'One pm, only had the morning shift.'.

She looks me straight in the eyes, making me blush. 'What about you, anything fun on the planning?', she asks curiously.

Suddenly I can't remember the rest of my day, or even what I had for breakfast a few hours ago.

'I uhm, I don't know.', I stumble, making her laugh.

'Well, I mean I don't think so, nothing special.', I rephrase.

Then another customer walks in, so she excuses herself. I grab my phone and quickly scroll to Wanda's contact, my best friend.