I wanna sign the papers

A/N: hiiii, sorry it's been a while... had a shit load of work to go with school and all, but i'll try to keep my schedule from now on! I hope e everyone is doing alright! Also I finished this chapter at 1:30 in the morning so I'm sorry if they're are any spelling mistakes...

another a/n at the bottom

Age: 26/27
Word count: 1686
TW: none
Summary: Nat and y/n want to adopt
———————————————————————

'Y/n, I don't know if I'm ready for this.'.

Me and Nat are in our car, her behind the wheel, me next to her, holding her hand. We have been in our adoption traject for quite some time now, and last week we received an email, saying we could meet a girl. She only three years old, her parents died when she was young and she's been living in foster care ever since.

'Nat honey, listen to me. We've talked about this right. We knew it was gonna be scary, but we're just gonna meet her alright?'. My thumb is rubbing circles on her palm.

'Right...'. She takes a few deep breaths, trying to wash the worries of her face. Since Natasha isn't able to get kids, and has some history with a shitty childhood, we decided to adopt. Still, Nat has her doubts, mostly regarding herself.

I get out of the car, her following shortly, and together we walk into the orphanage. It seems to be a good place for kids, there's enough light, and has a a beautiful playground outside.

'Hi, what can I do for you?', the lady behind the desk asks. It takes me a second to realize she is talking to me but soon enough I greet her.

'Good morning, we uhm, we made an appointment with miss Jones?'.

'Natasha and y/n I assume?', she asks, typing some things on her computer.

'Yes.', Natasha answers for me when I get distracted by two boys running past.

'I'll let her know you're here, I'll suggest you get yourself comfortable.', she smiles, waving to a corner with some sofa's and a coffee machine.

'Thank you.', I say, dragging Nat towards the couch.

'Aren't they cute?', she asks me, pointing at probably a brother and sister playing with a doll. She has an adorable smile around her lips, watching in awe.

I chuckle as I let my head lean on her shoulder. 'Yeah. Yeah they are.'.

'Mrs. Romanoff and partner I assume?', the principle, I assume, asks. In sync, Nat and I turn our heads and stand up.

'It is yes.'

'Good to see you, walk with me please.', she smiles.

As told, Nat and I follow closely, and along the way Nat's hand searches for mine. She gives it a little squeeze and then looks at me. I see she's excited, all the nerves left behind in the car.

'Have a seat.', the lady who introduced herself as Katherine, gestures.

I sit closely to Natasha, our shoulders touching. Katherine walks us through the plan for today. We will first have a little talk with her, then we get to meet Sophie, the girl, and then if everything went well, we'll finish it up.

'So, how did you two meet?', Katherine starts.

I look at Nat as she starts speaking.

'Well, I was a detective at the time, and y/n was an agent, we met at the crime scene actually, and ever since we stayed in touch. I took her on a date a couple of times and now we're here, happily engaged.', she tells.

I see Katherine marking something with a 'check', so that must be good I think.

'And your jobs, how will you combine that with a kid?', she asks.