Chapter 13- Unison Raid: Energy and Light

Chapter 13

Unison Raid: Energy and Light

Diclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

..._-+-_...

The group of Erza, Gray, Natsu, Lucy and Happy were rushing through the trees, the forest seemed to have a dark cloud hanging over it. Natsu was in the lead, slowing his pace just enough so everyone could keep up with him. "Natsu, have you caught Frea's scent yet?" Erza called out to him and he glanced over his shoulder.

"Yeah, and its getting stronger!" He answered and faced the path ahead once more. Lucy huffed, they had been running for what seemed like forever, she widened her eyes when she noticed that the trees were starting to thin out. Before long the trees stopped altogether and they gazed upon a massive stone building that had begun to decay and lay overgrown in the forest.

"This place is huge!" Gray muttered and Lucy cast her gaze over it, there must be a hundreds room in these ruins...

"Come on, Frea's scent will lead us right to her." Natsu told them and Erza nodded, signaling for him to lead on. Natsu took off at a brisk pace again, across a large courtyard and down many different passages, until they came upon a large wooden door near the back of the ruins. Many of the doors here in the ruins had a thick coating of moss on them, the door they were headed toward now lacked any sign of moss.

Natsu blasted the door open and sent it flying off its hinges as a blazing missile, they burst into the room. Frea was stiff and rigid as she sat slumped on the floor, her hands tied behind her back, and her eyes a dull grey, unlike her usual silver. Two of the walls in the room were heavily damaged and crumbling down, there were a few spots where drops of dark red liquid could be seen on the floor.

For a moment it seemed no one else was in the room, and they stepped forward cautiously. Lucy got the unnerving feeling of being watched and cast a lance sideways, and whipped her body around to stare at who it was. The others noticed her sudden movement and they too turned to stare at the person. She looked a lot like Frea... besides the fact that her hair was jet black and her eyes were blood red with the same markings Frea had under her eyes except that they were black in color, and she was wearing a short black dress with no shoes.

To Lucy's surprise Natsu, Gray, Happy and Erza all had shocked faces, she glanced at them in confusion. Gray cast a hasty glance at Frea then back at the girl with the black hair.

"Wait a minute..." He murmured.

"I don't get it, why are they two separate people now?" Natsu asked and Lucy narrowed her eyes, two separate people...?

"Little Fairies, you look so confused!" The girl smiled and chuckled a little.

"Explain yourself, what is going on here?" Erza demanded, the girl smiled.

"Wait, what's going on?" Lucy murmured and Happy appeared at her side.

"That girl is Shadow, one of Frea's different personalities, but why they are two separate people now, I don't know." Happy explained. Lucy widened her eyes,

"That fool Kasumi thought it was wise to make me into a key, but she wasn't expecting me to cause her spell to fail..." Shadow began and licked her lips before giving them a sadistic smile, "She tasted pretty good." Shadow chuckled.

"But why are you separate from Frea now?" Natsu asked.

"Kasumi had to separate our souls in order to turn Winter and I into a key, when I broke her spell we were set free, Winter ran off, she's such a coward." Shadow hissed. "I stayed behind, there was no doubt in my mind that you all would come looking for Frea, I finally have the chance to eat you!" Shadow snarled as shadows wrapped around her body and she changed into a giant jet black wolf. Shadow lunged and Lucy froze, she's going to eat us?