Chapter 36- We're Even

Chapter 36

We're Even

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas

.:+:.

Frea blinked her eyes open to find herself laying on the ground, and something laying next to her. She glanced over and blinked, no it was someone. Laxus was asleep on the ground beside her and she tilted her head a little, sitting up and resting her hands behind her. She felt way better, like she hadn't been dying just a short time ago. She smiled and closed her eyes, Chaitanya wasn't kidding... you can use a spell even if your drained of Magic Energy...

And just as Chaitanya had told her that Energy Magic was mysterious in its own ways, she had absolutely no idea how she had pulled that off.

She opened her eyes and glanced over at Laxus, they were still in that hole they had been in earlier. We must have fallen asleep after I cast that Spell... She sighed and got to her feet, lifting her arms above her in a stretch and wiping the blood off of her chin. No more feeling weak, no more pangs of pain in her chest, Magic Energy returning...

The spell worked.

She crouched down by Laxus and smiled softly, before tapping him gently. "Hey Laxus, wake up." She murmured and he shifted a little but kept on sleeping. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Oi! Little Lightning Laxus, wake up you lazy Dragon!' She said a bit louder and he blinked his eyes open. He immediately shot up into a sitting position and stared at her, jaw dropping. She tilted her head at him and blinked, "What's the face for?" She asked and he recovered from his shock, smirking at her.

"So you did listen to me." He said and crossed his arms over his chest. "Good, or I would have been pissed off if you hadn't." She told her and she sighed.

That's it? No, 'Oh I'm glad you're ok'? Just more attitude? She thought in exasperation but smiled anyway, he was still Laxus after all.

"Whatever, thanks for your help anyway, Laxus." She told him and he smirked a little more.

"Yeah, you owe me big time." He told her and she tilted her head.

"Um... No, I don't." She told him and his smirk faded, he blinked at her.

"I think you do." he replied and she shook her head.

"I know I don't. You saved my life, sure." She told him and placed a pointed a finger on his chest, "But I saved you too. Don't you remember Rified's "Death's Reaper' Spell? Why the hell do you think I ran toward you like I did? I put up an Energy Shield at the last second and saved your ass." She smirked at his semi-shocked face. "With that in mind, I'd say we're pretty much even."

For a minute they just looked at each other, and she could tell he was trying to some up with something to say back.

"You didn't have to do that, I would have been fine." He huffed and she rolled her eyes.

"That's not true and you know it." She told him and stood up. Laxus got to his feet too and brushed off his traveling cloak.

"Fine, I'll let it go this time. We're even." He muttered and she smiled a little.

"Good." She replied. Laxus crossed his arms over his chest and looked her up and down.

"Now that all of this crap has been taken care of, why not explain to me what that Spell was about? Or since when have you been a Dragon Slayer?" He asked and she sighed silently.

"Lets start with the Dragon Slayer part." She told him. "I've always been one, but remember when I told you Kasumi sealed away my memories? Well it was because of that, I just couldn't remember that I was a Dragon Slayer. When her spell was broken I remembered my years of training with Chaitanya, my foster Mother, who just so happens to be the Energy Dragon." Frea explained.