Chapter 1- Memories and New Faces

Chapter 1

Memories and New Faces

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and my ideas.

Rain pounded down hard upon the city of Magnolia, all streets were deserted, all of the citizens had gone inside their homes, wishing to stay out of the rain. The sky was dark and only the low flickering lamps that lined the streets provided light.

A young girl who looked no older than 10 or 11, was splashing through the puddles as she sprinted through the streets. Her shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair had silver tips stretching up two inches, it bounced up and down as she ran. Her eyes were a strikingly bright silver with a thin ring of white around the iris. Silver markings that run under both her eyes, down her cheeks, and half-way down her neck and ended in a point to make a sort of upside down triangle, appeared on her lightly tanned skin.

She wore a pair of black leggings and black shoes with a sleeveless black shirt with a low-cut neck and her shoulder blades clearly visible. A relatively fresh looking scar that formed a spiral could be seen on her right shoulder-blade.

She veered down into an alley and slowly came to a halt, leaning up against a wall, crossing her arms over her chest she slowly sank down to the ground, knees pulled close to her chest, shivering. Her breath billowed out in front of her in a foggy cloud and she cast nervous glances from side to side. She shuddered as the cold drops of rain steadily soaked her, she buried her face into her knees.

Her mind was racing, she was so confused, she couldn't think straight... Though not many thoughts were present in her mind to think about.

"What are you doing out in the rain child?" The girl snapped her head up and stared at the small man who had stopped in front of her. He was old, though not so old, but the thing that surprised her, was the fact that he was so small. She had never come across anyone his age, who was this small before.

He was wearing a rather strange, deep purple hat, and yellow attire with green edges, a dark blue coat over it, and brown shoes. He was looking her over with a neutral face, his white hair sticking up under his hat, and mustache hiding his lips. His dark eyes stayed fixed on her as she just stared back for awhile.

For a moment, her mind stopped racing as she looked into his eyes, but her frenzied thoughts came crashing back again, and she looked away from him.

"I... I don't know..." she murmured, unable to come up with any other explanation for him. The old man stayed silent a moment, looking her over.

"Where are your parents?" He asked and she closed her eyes, frown pulling at her face.

"I.. I don't know..." She muttered, clearly frustrated with herself. "I don't think I have any parents..." She said after a moment.

"What is your name?" He asked after a pause, and she opened her eyes at the question, looking his way again. She was surprised at the question, why was this old man so curious?

"Frea." She told him slowly. The old man nodded a bit, and his eyes narrowed in thought.

"Do you have anywhere to go?" He asked after a moments silence.

Frea narrowed her eyes and shook her head slowly. "No..." She answered softly, sweatdropping a little as she stared at her knees, "...I don't even know how I got here.." She mumbled, silver eyes narrowing more as she tried to remember.

"Then my Child, why not come with me?" He asked, offering her a small smile. "Lets get out of this rain, and somewhere warmer." He suggested and she thought it over, looking him up and down for a moment, not sure what to make of what he said. "At this rate, we'll both catch colds!" He chuckled.