Chapter 35- A Single Spell

Chapter 35

A Single Spell

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas

.:+:.

Laxus POV

Laxus shook Frea little more, still trying to get a response from the Energy Dragon. He frowned even more, partly because he was annoyed she had been taken down so easily, and partly because despite his attitude toward her over the years, and they way he had always seemed to dislike her, he was a little worried. She looked extremely beat up, pale, exhausted and weak, and the fact that blood was dripping from the edge of her mouth didn't suggest anything good.

"Frea wake up!" He hissed. "Damnit this is annoying, why wont you wake up?" He growled. She remained silent though and he let out a sigh, closing his eyes and trying to think of what to do. He could try and bring her back to Fairy Tail, but he didn't like the idea of heading back there. Besides, her breathing was becoming shallower, he doubted she would last until he got there anyway. He opened his eyes and narrowed them, a soft noise had reached his ears and he blinked, trying to figure out what it was.

It was a sort of beating sound, and as he listened, it grew quieter and slowed down. He stiffened, finally realizing what it was. The sound was coming from the young woman in his arms, he could hear her heartbeat getting softer and slower.

"Shit... this is bad." He hissed. "Wake up damnit!" He growled at her. He saw her eyes shift as she opened them a little, looking up at him.

"Laxus...?" He heard her whisper, her voice barley audible.

"Yeah, what the hell is wrong with you?" He asked her and she frowned a little before cringing weakly and wincing.

"I'm... dying..." She breathed and he blinked.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He snapped and her silver eyes closed a little more.

"I've been... dying for awhile... now..." Frea whispered. Laxus frowned,

"There is no way in hell your dying," He hissed. "I wont let you." He told her firmly. Frea's eyes opened up a little more as he said that and she gave him a sad smile.

"I'm sure you... wont..." She murmured. "When did you... change? You've never...seemed to...care about...me..." She told him quietly and he sighed, closing his eyes for a minute.

"Its not what your thinking." He told her. "I want to beat you, in a fair fight." He replied. "I cant do that if you die, can I?" He told her and she blinked at him.

"Sorry... but I don't think... your gonna... get that fight..." She whispered. "I cant..." She started but he cut her off, giving her a stern look.

"Bull-shit. What happened to the annoying Frea I used to know?" He growled. "The Frea that knocked me through walls, the one who wouldn't stop fighting no matter what?" He asked. "The Frea with the attitude, the heart, the power?" He muttered.

"What makes you think your allowed to give up? What'll you dying for a second time do to those guys back at the Guild? What do you think'll happen if you don't go back?" He asked her. "Cause I sure as hell ain't going back to the Guild, just to tell them you died." He growled.

"I know you enough to have figured out you didn't tell Gramps about the fact that your dying, your such an Idiot. So I'm telling you your not allowed to die," He told her. "Cause you have to go back and apologize for keeping it a secret." He said firmly and she looked extremely shocked he had said all of that. For a minute she was silent before she smiled and closed her eyes.