Chapter 6- The Fairy Tail Fighting Festival

Chapter 6

The Fairy Tail Fighting Festival

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas

Frea looked away from the runes that had been detailing the fight between Fairy Tail members and closed her eyes. The number of Fairy Tail members had decreased rapidly and there wasn't anyone left who could take down Laxus, and actually get out of the hall.  To he completely honest, there wast hardly anyone left standing after all the fighting going on in town....

She glanced to the bar momentarily, eyebrow raised once she thought on how the Dragon Slayer behid it hadnt moved.

She looked away as she felt a wave a Magic Energy pass over the building and concentrate in the center of the hall. A thought projection of Laxus appeared, and she couldn't help but scowl,  fists clenching at the sight of him,

Upon noticing the Projection, both Master and Natsu turned around.

"I'm just bluffing am I?" Laxus sneered, apparently having heard the comment Makarov had let slip about this all being a stupid joke, and that Laxus would never harm the girls as he said he would.

"Where'd you come from?" Natsu demanded.

"Its a Thought Projection!" Happy exclaimed with wide eyes. The projection walked toward the four of them, he was smirking.

"Natsu, what are you doing holed up in here still?" He paused, smirking more. "Are you scared?" He asked with a laugh.

"I'm not scared, I'm stuck!" Natsu snapped back rather hotly, Laxus turned his gaze to her, his smirk growing wider. It made her blood boil,

"And what about you Little Demon? Too full to go and eat people's souls today?" He growled and she glared, fire erupting in her eyes.

"Go to hell Laxus, if it weren't for this stupid magic barrier I would be finding you now." She growled back in a low dangerous tone.

"What do you want?" Makarov asked, trying to keep his calm demeanor up. Laxus looked away from Frea,

"How does it feel huh? You think of the Guild Members as your children right? Must be tough watching your little kiddies tear each other apart. Too bad Erza, Frea and Natsu can't join the game, cause you don't have anyone left whose strong enough to take down the Thunder Legion. You ready to throw in the towel?" Laxus asked.

"No its not over yet! Don't forget that Gray's still in the game and he's just as strong a wizard as Natsu!" Happy exclaimed.

"He's as strong as me?! No way man!"

"Sorry Natsu but you're in denial."

"Gray huh?" Laxus asked and chuckled a bit. "Your going to put all of your hopes on that loser?"

"I wouldn't underestimate the boy's power if I were you." Master Makarov growled and turned back to the screen, the number of Fairy Tail wizard that were left had gone down, Gray had been beaten.

"One more down, eh?" Laxus asked and burst out laughing. "And that chump was gonna save ya?"

"You cheater! I know you and your pals used some dirty trick to beat him!" Happy exclaimed. Frea narrowed her eyes at the projection of Laxus,

How could someone change so much? I used to think I knew you when we were younger, but this isn't you. What is driving you to do this?

"Alright, whose going to beat the Thunder Legion now old man?" Laxus asked and Master Makarov stayed silent.

"Gajeel will!" Happy retorted, Frea blinked, sweatdropping.

"I don't think so, he's made it clear he doesn't wanna play. Which doesn't surprise me, that guy could care less about what happens to the Guild." Laxus said.

"What am I? Invisible?!" Natsu demanded.

"You might as well be if you cant get past the barrier." Laxus told him.

"Enough.." Makarov murmured and Frea looked over at him in surprise. "It isn't worth it, I surrender alright?"

"Wait a second!" Both Frea and Natsu said at the same time but they were ignored.

"You've had your fun, now stop this."

"What's gotten into you?" Laxus said and smiled. "I thought you were the Master of the almighty Fairy Tail Guild? You cant just give up at the drop of a hat! But if you insist on quitting then by all means hand the guild over to me and take an early retirement."

"I should have known, this was your goal all along wasn't it?" Master Makarov growled as his anger started to boil over.

"You've only got an hour and a half till the statues crumble, If you really want to put an end to this then announce your retirement to the whole town over the loud speakers. I want you to tell everyone your relinquishing Fairy Tail over to me. What means more to you? Your children or your title? Choose carefully..." Laxus growled.

"Your asking for it!" Natsu hissed and lunged forward, going straight through the projection. "Why doesn't he come here and face me if he wants to be Guild Master?!" Natsu snarled from his position on the floor.

"Because its never straight forward like that with Laxus." Frea growled, and why would he fight you to be Guild Master anyway.......?

"It was never the title I valued..." Master Makarov murmured.

"So you're just gonna give up!?" Natsu demanded.

"No, he may be strong but he's not trustworthy. I'd never leave him in charge. It takes more than just magical strength to run a Guild, he has neither the conviction or the heart." Makarov said.

"Well we have to hurry up and do something before that idiot turns the girls to dust." Frea murmured.

"There must be someone who can beat Laxus and his pals..." Happy said and the sound of rustling behind the bar caused them to turn their heads. Gajeel appeared from behind the bar, Frea sighed once more at the sight.

"No way you were here the whole time?" Natsu asked.

"How long were you planning to sit there, Gajeel?" Frea muttered, Gajeel stared at her. "I mean seriuosly, you think I didn't know you were there?"

"Gajeel, will you fight for the Guild?" Master Makarov asked and the Iron Dragon Slayer jumped over the bar, ignorning Frea for now.

"Might as well, I've got a score to settle with that guy." Gajeel answered. "Don't worry, I'll handle him." Gajeel promised as he approached the doors, running face first into the barrier that would not let them through.

"Wha!? The fuck?!" Frea gasped.

"Don't tell me your over 80 too!" Natsu growled at Gajeel.

"Do I look 80 to you?!" Gajeel snarled back. Master Makarov stared up at the runes and Frea followed his gaze.

"Only three left in Guild?!" He said in disbelief.

"Are you sure you're not faking being stuck in here? You trying to copy me?!" Natsu hissed at Gajeel.

"In your dreams!"

"Now I'm hungry and its all your fault!"

"Stop blaming me for everything!" Gajeel retorted.

"Oi! You two idiots need to shut the hell up!" Frea snarled her patience running low, whipping to face the two with her Magic flaring up around her momentarily. They looked to her and shrunk back, both seeatdropping and backing off.

"No way..." Makarov muttered and whipped around to face them. "You three idiots are the only ones left!?" He yelled. "There's nobody left out there who can take down Laxus... we're doomed..."

"I've got no choice..." Natsu muttered. "guess I'll bring Erza back." he sighed and turned towards the stage.

"What?!"

"Gah.. this sucks, I thought I was finally gonna have a chance to show her up.." Natsu mumbled.

"Now hold on a second, what are you about to do?" Master Makarov asked and Natsu glanced over his shoulder.

"I'm gonna use my fire on her, you know, to melt the stone off." Natsu explained.

"Say what?!" Makarov gasped and Frea sighed.

"I'm not really sure that's a good idea Natsu..." She murmured. Natsu placed Erza on the ground,

"She's made of stone! Not covered in it Natsu!" Happy snapped.

"Well, wont know till we try." Natsu muttered and lifted a flaming fist above the stone Erza.

"Hold on, this is madness! You're going to roast her alive!" Makarov exclaimed.

"Haha! It's toasty time!" Natsu chuckled.

"Please be careful!" Makarov said in exasperation. Frea stood beside Gajeel and watched carefully as Natsu began to lower his hands.

"No joke, watch where you put those fire hands bro." Gajeel murmured, Natsu's hands settling over Erza. Suddenly a crack appeared on Erza's head that caused everyone around her to freeze for a split second.

"Oh no! I wasn't trying to break her I swear!" Natsu yelled and everyone went into a panic, Frea just stood still and watched Erza closely as more cracks appeared on the statue of the red-head, until she was turned back to normal. Master, Happy, Gajeel and Natsu all stopped and stared, sweatdropping.

"I feel hot..." Erza murmured and gave Natsu a death glare, "It was you wasn't it?" She hissed and jumped to her feet and punched him. "Were you trying to cook me?!" She snarled.

"I told you it was a bad idea Natsu." Frea told him with a slight smirk.

"Erza, thank goodness. But how were you able to break the spell?" Makarov asked and Erza reached up to stretch her fingers across her right eye.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. But if I had to guess I would say it had something to do with my right eye.." Erza told him and Frea nodded slightly.

That makes sense, its artificial so it must have weakened Evergreen's spell.

"Erza, do you know what's going on right now?" Happy asked.

"I think so, even though I was stone I still heard most of what was said." Erza replied.

"All right! Then its time to strike back!" Makarov exclaimed and they walked back up to the doors were the total number of Fairy Tail members still standing changed to four.

"Look there's four now!"

"The runes have already added me to the fray, that's impressive it updates automatically." Erza said. "But there's only four left.."

"Actually its just you, Natsu, Frea and Gajeel are stuck here because of the enchantment." Happy told her and Frea's head snapped up as the number changed to five. Frea smiled a little, "Wait, now its five!"

"It went up.." Gajeel murmuered.

"But who could it be?" Natsu asked as he turned back to the stage.

"All the girls are still stone..." Makarov murmured.

"Hm, aren't you guys forgetting someone? A member whose frequently out of town?" Erza asked.

"Huh? You don't mean him?" Natsu asked.

"And he's back just when we need him the most!" Makarov exclaimed.

"He's always been one to make a grand entrance." Erza said and Frea nodded. "It looks like the real battle is about to begin."

"Would someone fill me in here?" Gajeel asked.

"We're talking about a man who is one on the strongest in the Guild." Frea glanced to the Iron Dragon Slayer. "His name is Mystogan." She explained. Erza gave them a nod before exiting the Guild Hall.

Good Luck, Erza.

..._-+-_...

 Reads, comments, and votes are always appreciated!