Chapter 8- What can I do to help?

Chapter 8

What can I do to help?

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas

Frea glanced over at the runes at the entrance to the Guild Hall and her eyes widened, before she smiled and shook her head.

"Hey Natsu." She murmured and he glanced over from where he had begun to watch Levy work along with Gajeel.

"What is it?" He asked and she looked over at him.

"You'll never guess who Lucy is fighting." Frea told him and his eyes looked over toward the runes,before he glanced to her, since he couldnt read them like she could.

"Who?" He asked, walking over.

"Bixlow."

"Lucy VS Bixlow?" Natsu murmured, "Alright! Get him Luce!" He called and smiled up at the runes. Gajeel walked over to stand beside them, waiting for the outcome of the battle. At least ten minutes passed before the runes changed again.

"Lucy won." Frea said with a smile.

"Alright! She kicked his butt!" Natsu said happily upon hearing the verdict.

"What!? That little cheerleader can actually fight?!" Gajeel exclaimed, he looked thoroughly shocked.

"Yeah, she's tough as nails." Natsu told him, Frea nodded in agreement. She turned away from the two with a sigh when they began to argue and leaned up against the wall with her shoulder. Levy looked hard at work and Frea, Natsu and Gajeel all jumped slightly when she looked up yelling,

"That's IT!" Levy went back to her work, muttering under her breath about what she need to do and stood up, holding her work in front of her. "It worked!"

"All right!"

"Now hold on, I have to re-write the spell." Levy told them as she walked up to the entrance. "This is it you guys! When I'm done, you three will join the battle of Fairy Tail, I hope you're ready!" Levy said as she glanced over at them.

"Yeah, I'm all fired up!" Natsu exclaimed.

"It's time to take out the trash." Gajeel growled. Frea smiled at their enthusiasm, and they quietly watched as Levy began to re-write the spell. When the barrier was finally taken down both Natsu and Gajeel charged out. Frea paused beside Levy and gave her a warm smile.

"Thanks for getting us out of here Levy." Frea told her and Levy smiled back. "You are amazing at what you do."

"No Problem!" Levy replied a little flustered, blushing. She knew Frea didn't give compliments out lightly, and it was sort of an honor to receive one from the Energy Mage. Frea gave her a small nod before sprinting out of the Guild Hall, she passed many worried citizens before she decided she needed a better view and leaped to the top of a nearby building. Frea gazed out across the tattered Magnolia, many buildings seemed to have been damaged from the members of Fairy Tail fighting.

"If I want to find Laxus... it'll do no good to run around in the dark..." Frea muttered under her breath and closed her eyes, lifting her hands up to her chin and placing them together. "Energy...Sense!" She growled and opened her eyes, which flashed silver for a moment before turning back to normal. Frea kept her hands up and looked out across Magnolia, her eyes narrowed. But the Energy Signatures all over seemed distorted, "Damn it... Freed's Runes are messing with my spell..." Frea let her hands drop and she sighed. "I cant find Laxus that way."

Frea turned her silver gaze to the Thunder Palace, it was bound to go off soon. Frea snapped her head in the direction of the edge of town and widened her eyes. That much Magical Energy...

".. Mira..." Frea whispered. There's no doubt about it, I have felt it several times, and that much magic energy must be coming from Mirajane... Frea turned away, "Do I feel sorry for the person she's fighting..."Frea muttered. Frea shook her head in frustration,

"I have never wanted Energy Sense to wear off faster than I do now..." It was very annoying to see the distorted and flickering traces of magic everywhere you look, it was starting to drive her crazy. Frea opened her eyes again and glanced over toward a nearby alley, there was an Energy Signature there, it sort of looked familiar but it was hard to tell with all the distortion.

She waited a few more moments and sighed in relief when the effects of her spell wore off, she stood her ground when a large explosion of Magical Energy went off behind her. Mira is not happy... she walked across the roof and jumped down into the alley. She glanced around but she couldn't find anyone, odd... Her eyes glanced down at a small piece of paper on the ground. Frea bent down and picked it up, unfolding it. There was a small message and she read it carefully.

Dear Frea,

The time is almost near for when you complete your mission. I do hope you remember what it was...

-K

Frea dropped the note and clutched her head as pain shot through it, what the hell...? She glanced back down at the note, but didn't bother to pick it up. This note is addressed to me... who the hell is 'K'? She slowly picked the note backup and tore it up, letting the small pieces fly away with the breeze. I don't know what that note is about... Some mission that I'm supposed to remember...?

"Oww..." She hissed as another jolt of pain rushed through her head. She stood back up and pushed the note to the back of her mind, I cant worry about that note now... Purple Runes appeared in front of her and she read them carefully, "Freed VS Mirajane, both Wizards forfeit..." Frea sighed. "Leave it to Mira to change Freed's mind about this stupid game..." Frea walked out of the alley,

I wonder if Natsu found Laxus... She glanced in the direction of the Cathedral as a large wave of Magic Energy came from there, she took a step in its direction but a large man with black hair and green eyes stepped into her path. She went to go around him but he got in her way again,

"There a reason you're in my way?" She growled and he smiled.

"Yeah, I got orders to take you down." He replied and his hands shot up, sending a blast of Shadow magic in her direction. Frea had been ready for an attack, and she had started placing a shield in front of herself. Frea let the shield drop and she jumped back.

"Orders from who?" She growled. He sent another blast of Shadow magic at her and she easily dodged it, sending a blast of Energy which he dodged.

"Don't know the name, only got a note and a lot of Jewel," He replied and shadows shot out of his hands, encasing her. Frea tried to break free of the hold but didn't have any luck.

She froze when she realized what his magic was doing, Shadow was trying to take over while using her enemies Magic for support. Damn it... Is he trying to force Shadow out or is it just a coincidence? No time to think about that... Frea let her Silver Energy encase her body and push against the shadows that were holding her.

The shadows were destroyed and Frea glared at the man in front of her, he looked surprised that his spell had failed. Frea steadied her breathing and pushed Shadow's soul away, I'm not changing into you.

"Shadow Blast!" The man yelled and a huge orb of his magic came straight at her, it takes time to put up a Shield, especially one that would have been strong enough to block this attack. There wasn't time and she got hit by the blast, she was thrown back into a building and gasped in pain as she hit it. Frea fell forward and caught herself, crouching on the ground. The citizens in this part of the town had already left as soon as they had started fighting, it was silent apart from her own breathing and the rubble falling to the ground. "Impossible, that blow should kill any normal person!" The man called and she glanced up at him.

She staggered to her feet and glared at him, "Unfortunately for you, I'm not a normal person!" She hissed. Frea wrapped her fist in her Energy and charged, dodging the numerous blows that he sent her way. Frea reached him and punched him square in the chest, sending him flying back. He hit the ground hard and struggled to get back up, but eventually got to his feet.

"You stupid... bitch..." He wheezed and Frea narrowed her eyes. Placing a hand in front of her with her arm extended she gave him a glare worthy of rivaling Erza's.

"I think your lying to me, tell me who hired you or an Energy Blast is coming your way!" Frea snarled and he looked a bit scared.

"I- I don't know! All it said was 'K'!" He stammered and Frea winced as her head hurt again. She dropped her arm and he relaxed, but instead she threw an Energy Bomb at him and he was knocked unconscious from the small explosion.

Frea brushed the dirt off from her clothes and sighed, What the hell is going on...? Whose K? Do they want me to do this mission or do they want me dead? She shook her head and winced as pain shot through it once more, I need to focus on something else...

Wait a minute... Frea looked toward the Cathedral, For some reason, it feels like Erza is asking for help...

But help with what?

..._-+-_...

 Reads, comments, and votes are always appreciated!