Chapter 32- A Challenge

Chapter 32

A Challenge

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas.

.:+:.

Frea pushed herself out of her bed and winced as pain shot through her chest and she took a minute to cough more blood up into her hand. She frowned down at the liquid with tired eyes and walked over to her bathroom on slightly shaky legs. Washing the blood off her hand she changed into a pair of skinny jeans and laced up her black combat boots. Pulling on a thin silver shirt with a low cut neck, and a black tank top underneath that.

She pulled her hair up into a ponytail, tying it up with a length of black ribbon and let her arms fall to her sides. She took a deep breath, slowly walking out if her room and down to Fairy Tail. She felt so tired and weak... It was really starting to slightly piss her off.

She heard the anxious talking and scared tones of her Guild-mates before she even entered Fairy Tail. She immediately was alert for what might be causing such a mood to hang over the Guild. She pushed the doors open and saw that everyone was crowded around the closed infirmary door, she didn't even bother to try to get through that crowd. Her silver eyes picked out Gajeel who was near the back of the guild, looking thoughtful.

She walked over and gave him a questioning look. "What's going on?" She asked the Iron Dragon and his red gaze rested on her.

"Some people found Erza, Lucy, Gray and Natsu wounded and unconscious at the edge of town." Gajeel explained. Frea stiffened at his words. "Wendy hasn't said anything, but her healing magic isn't working on them for some reason." Gajeel grunted.

She looked away from him and fixed her gaze on the door, concentrating on any type of Energy Signature she might feel, that wasn't quite right. Seeing as how her Magic was Energy Magic, she didn't have to use her spell 'Energy Sense' to feel energy, she could feel it all the time, she only ever used 'Energy Sense' when she wanted to get a clear view of something specific, or cast her senses farther than she normally would be able to.

Gajeel POV

Gajeel looked the young woman standing before him up and down, he had noticed it before, but now he was sure.

Something was wrong with her.

She looked exhausted and didn't seem to have the usual energy she used to. At first he had written it off as fatigue from her fight with Senna, but she should have recovered from that by now. Another thing, he had always felt a whole lot of Magic Energy coming from this chick, but now he could hardly feel any.

He stiffened slightly as a new scent hit his nose, it smelled like Dark Magic... And there was something else... Blood.

Silver's blood. And it smelled fresh.

Frea POV

Frea sniffed the air and immediately picked out the scent of unfamiliar magic. It belonged to the faint feeling of a different Energy Signature coming from the direction of the Infirmary. She didn't even bother to try and use 'Energy Sense' to try and follow the Energy's trail, there was no sense in wasting the little Magic Energy she had left, not when she could just rely on her nose. She turned around and started following the faint traces of the scent out of the hall, ignoring Gajeel as he asked where she was going. She could tell the scent lead out of Magnolia.

That has to be the person responsible for hurting Erza, Gray, Natsu and Lucy...

She couldn't be exactly sure what was keeping Wendy from healing the others, but she had a general idea. It must be some sort of spell that made sure, the person wounded wouldn't get better unless the Mage who had caused the damage was beaten.

It seemed like some sort of a challenge to her.

She was certain Master Makarov would figure out why Wendy's Healing Magic wasn't working on the wounded Mages eventually, but at that moment she couldn't stand to wait for his course of action. Her fists clenched and she narrowed her eyes, who the hell could think they have the right to do this? It only pissed her off to think about it, and for the time being some of her fatigue was pushed away. She began following the faint traces of the unfamiliar scent out of town.

What good would it do to have shortened my life considerably to beat Senna, only to have four of those very people I fought to protect, just die?

Frea kept walking, following the scent right of Magnolia, and in the direction of the mountains. There was no doubt in her mind, what this turn of events was. Fairy Tail had been challenged by some Mage to find them, and defeat the one who hurt their Guild Mates, in order to save the four members of their family that had been hurt.

And Frea was going to accept that challenge.

.:+:.

Heads up- story ends at chapter 45. Then goes on to Book 2.

Thank you for reading, all reads, Votes and Comments are very much appreciated!