Chapter 5- What the Hell Do You Think You're Doing?!

Chapter 5

What the Hell Do You Think You're Doing?!

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas.

Frea walked inside the Guild Hall slowly, casting a small glance at the huge crowd of people who were gathered around the stage. This was not surprising, the entire town was buzzing with excitement, packed with people, because today was the Magnolia Harvest Festival.

It had been about a week since the Court hearing. She had decided going on a Job, and possibly destroying things, would probably not be the best course of action. So instead, she had stayed in town, and stayed out of trouble as much as she could manage.

Deciding not to take a job had not been a bad decision in the long run, the Guild had needed help getting ready for the Harvest Festival anyway, and she was happy to help where she was needed.

Frea pushed her way through the crowd, hardly bumping anyone, and getting through rather easily. Sitting down at a table in the middle near the stage, she sat beside Gray,  with Natsu and Elfman sitting by the Ice Mage.

Gray glanced over at her with an amused look, "I thought you were going to be in the Miss Fairy Tail contest." He commented, smiling a little, and Frea shot him a half-hearted glare, fully aware he was teasing her.

"Now why would you think that?" She rolled her eyes and he shrugged, letting out a low chuckle.

"I dunno, I just thought after all these years, you might actually give it a try." Gray smirked, and Frea looked away.

"Yeah, well..... Don't expect me to try, anytime soon..." She muttered. Even after having been in Fairy Tail for many years, she had never once entered the Miss Fairy Tail Contest, as all the other Guild's woman had.

This was for two reasons. The first being, she really just didn't have any interest in doing it. Frea did not like to dress up, she never wore dresses, or did anything one might consider 'girly'. She was not a shy or soft-spoken person. She did not live up to the stereotypical standards of a 'girl', and everyone within the Guild had long ago accepted this was her nature.

The second reason, she rather hated to perform in front of anyone. Or even go up on a stage. It was an odd quirk she had... She just hated it, and she had never been able to get over it. It wasn't she was afraid, just more unnerved and nervous.

Her eyes shifted back to land on Gray, only to see his attention had turned to the stage. For the first time since she entered the hall, she finally registered the fact that the Contest had already started, though she didn't pause to watch.

Slowly, she shifted her gaze across the crowd, where it landed on Master Makarov, who sat seated upon a table near the stage, arms crossed over his chest, and small smile pulling at his lips.

She sighed silently, a bit relieved to seem him looking at least a little happier. Since they had come back from meeting the Council, he had not been in the best mood. She couldn't say she was surprised, she knew all to well that Master did not like the Council very much... But it had seemed to her something else was bothering him, though she hadn't a clue what it could be.

She blinked a few times, she had been aware of everyone shouting their heads off moments before... But now everything was deathly silent. Turning her attention to the stage, she started to laugh under her breath, to see Mira transform her face first into Happy's, and then Gajeel's of all people.

This of course, had not been what the men in the hall had been expecting from her, but Frea only found their reactions rather funny.

The Contest continued on, and Max called out the next contestant.