Chapter 26- I Don't Understand

Chapter 26

I Don't Understand

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas

.:+:.

Frea sighed heavily as she trekked through a very over grown forest toward a nearby village on the other side. Her hands were linked together and resting on the top of her head, eyes half-way closed. I don't know why... but I'm so tired... She breathed in deeply, and narrowed her eyes slightly. It's not just that... my supply of Magic Energy is at an all time low too, and I have no idea why...

She stopped and stared into the undergrowth and trees off to the side of the barely visible path. Her ears caught the sound of plants being crushed and she narrowed her eyes, it was getting closer. An extremely large forest Vulcan erupted from the trees and she nimbly stepped out of its path.

The Vulcan skidded to a halt and turned to her, giving her a ridiculous smile. She narrowed her eyes and lifted her hand, turning it sideways and keeping her fingers straight.

"I'm warning you Vulcan, a fight with me will only end with your defeat." She growled and it just laughed.

The Vulcan jumped forward, lashing out and Frea dodged every swipe it through at her. But her movements suddenly became sloppy as she felt fatigue settle down on her, why am I-?

She wasn't fast enough and the Vulcan landed a good hit on her, sending her sideways. With an unusual amount of effort she twisted in air and landed rather clumsily, sliding back a few feet and sending up dust.

"Tch... Why do I suddenly feel so weak...?" She hissed under her breath and the Vulcan charged again. She brought her fist back and wrapped her energy around it. "Fist of the Energy Dragon Slayer!" She yelled and punched the Vulcan, sending him flying back into the trees.

Frea lowered her fist slowly and gazed at the point where she had lost sight of the Vulcan. It crashed through the trees toward her and she narrowed her eyes. Leaning back slightly, she sucked in air and closed her eyes for a split second.

"Energy Dragon Roar!" She yelled and a tornado of her spinning silver Energy was sent toward the Vulcan. It hit and the Vulcan was pushed back into the trees, the roar creating a hole in the line of trees for a good distance. Frea sighed and suddenly felt as if all her Magic Energy had been drained. She swayed on her feet, fighting to stay standing but her vision began to blur in and out, and she was falling.

One Vulcan shouldn't have been so hard...! Why am I feeling like this... Like all my Magic Energy is gone just by using two spells...? Why... Her mind succumbed to the blackness as she fell unconscious.

.:+:.

The next time she woke she was in a bed, pale sunlight filtering in through an open window to her left. She opened her eyes half-way, very little Magic Energy had returned to her. Where am I? She thought and shifted her eyes to the right, seeing a man in a lab coat standing next to a counter writing something down.

"Where am I?" She muttered and he glanced over, looking a little surprised.

"In the hospital in Danton." He replied and she sighed, slowly pushing herself into a sitting position.

"How did I get here?" She asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Some citizens heard commotion coming from the forest, and feared someone was being attacked by a Vulcan we've been having trouble with." He explained and leaned back against the counter. "They found you, and brought you back here. How are you feeling?" The man asked and she let out a silent sigh.

"Ok,"

"There weren't any noticeable wounds, you seemed to have just passed out from exhaustion." The man explained and she narrowed her eyes, not looking at him.

Passed out? Only after using two Spells? That's never happened before... And I feel so weak all the time now...

"Thanks for your help." Frea murmured and swung her legs off the bed, standing up and rolling her left shoulder a bit, hearing it crack. "But I have to go." She explained and he narrowed his eyes.

"If you're sure you're alright..." He murmured and turned, leading her out of the room and to the entrance of the hospital. "Just try to take it easy for awhile." The man warned as she headed away. She waved to him over her shoulder and kept walking, out into the sunlight and chill breeze.

Her eyes were halfway closed and a slight frown appeared on her face.There's definitely something wrong... And only one person I can think of to ask.

She turned toward the train station in town, one destination in mind.

The East Forest.