Chapter 2.

"I can't let you do that Aurora."

Dalton, Melania, and I drove over to the headquarters after the incident and were stopped before we could get into the interrogation room. "You can't? What the hell do you mean? That girl is a part of Untamed." I raise my voice at my boss, Noah Lee. He's like a second father to me. He's my parent's closest and oldest friend. "So are the other two boys who were shot. Where are they?"

"Aurora, listen to me for one second will you." He spoke raising his voice leaving no room for argument. He nodded at my silence and then looked at Sebastian silently asking him to explain, "Ok so we had to involve the child support agency cause she's a minor."

"A minor? And the other two boys?" Melania asks as shocked as me. "Probably minors but they are in the hospital wing at the moment." He answers. "That's impossible, she a minor? Why would Untamed do their dirty work through minors?" Dalton asks them from behind me as I watch a woman with fiery red hair walk out of the interrogation room where the girl was kept.

"She won't speak." She tells Noah. "Isn't it like your job to get minors to talk to you?" I snap at her. "Aurora." Mel places her hand on my shoulder, "I questioned her for thirty minutes there's only so much I can do, but we have her file from her previous orphanage." I watch as she flips open a black folder and pulls out a paper and reads out from it. "Calliope Thomas. She's 15 and used to stay at New Home before she was moved to another orphanage."

"Well, where was she moved to?" I ask her tapping my foot impatiently on the ground. "We're not sure."

"You're not sure?" Noah asks her irritation clear in his voice, "You're supposed to keep track of them."

"We work with a lot of kids and sometimes the orphanages don't keep papers correctly."

"Fuck." I murmur and I shake my head and run my hand through my hair before turning to Melania, "Only one boy was shot right?" She nods her head and waits for me to continue. "Well let's go talk to the other boy and get something out of him, anything."

Dalton shakes his head and says, "You can't he's been sedated and made to rest." I sigh knowing there was no point arguing with the doctor in charge. "What about her?" I nod my head towards the girl in the integration room. She was staring straight ahead on the wall her hands on the table in front, handcuffed and a chain going to the middle of the long table and through a hole in the middle to make sure she can't break out.

"We'll keep her here and let her rest and you can talk to her tomorrow." The lady with red hair says. "Okay that's fine, you four go home and come back tomorrow." Noah tells us and Sebastian is the first to walk away.

Dalton and Melania both linked their arms through mine swiftly pulling me away. We exit the headquarters and I sigh when I feel the cool night breeze brush against me. "Well, I am going to head home, bye my babies." Dalton places a swift kiss on my head and does the same for Mel before getting into his car as Mel calls out from beside me "Tell Alex we said hi." He nods his head and starts his car the familiar Taylor Swift song starting as he drives away.

I turn to Mel and see her watching the cars drive past us, "I am going to go home, I'm tired." She tells me. I smile sadly at her knowing she wasn't going to go home but I didn't say anything knowing she just needed to do things her way. I grab her hand and pull her to me wrapping my arms around her neck as hers stay by her side. "It's okay to cry, Mel. It's okay to show emotions. Don't just- please don't bottle it up. Please." She nods into my shoulder and I pull away and brush her loose strands of hair behind her ear and leave my hand on her cheek.

"Call me if you need anything, ok?" I tell her and wait for her to nod. I stay on the sidewalk and wait till she's in her car and driving away. I sigh and turn back walking back home. It's a good thing my apartment was only a block away from the headquarters so I didn't have to use my car.