Chapter 23.

Trigger Warning: Mentions of shooting in the hospital, weapons and death.

So the trigger warning is mentioned above, please take care of yourself and don't read the chapter if any of these topics is triggering. This chapter is written in the third person pov. I hope you guys like it.

***

Dear Reader, 

Tell me, what is the difference between doing something ethical and doing something morally right? Its easy morality comes into play when it's basic norms or rules we all follow, and being ethical is mostly about what one person thinks is the right thing to do or not. I could go on and on about being ethical and moral, but that's not the point of this chapter. What I want to know is what happens to morality when family comes into play. Would you as someone in this situation choose to be moral or follow your beliefs and be ethical? What would you do?

Would you save the criminal for the betterment of society and for delivering justice or would save your loved one because you are too scared to let go? But what about saving said criminal if it helps the police find out about missing loved ones and deliver justice to the victims and their families? What about giving them the peace and closure they deserve?

Well, let's not get scared when I say "save your loved one." I'm not planning to kill anyone off, just yet. It's just a question that I had in mind, and well so did Aurora when she was on the way to her car.

Her mom, Delilah was at the hospital.

So were Calliope and the boy. Both of whom were prime suspects. Important in finding Agent Scott and Harper.

She couldn't lose her mom.

But Harper's parents deserve to know where their daughter is. And Agent Scott...what about her family?

Save one person by losing two or save two people and maybe lose one in the process. 

No.

She couldn't choose. She wouldn't. She's going to make sure Calliope, the boy and her mom are safe. They were the most important people.

"He won't answer the damn call. Fuck!" Dalton swears, from the passenger seat loudly, when his phone call to his loved one, Alex goes to voicemail again. 

Fuck.

She forgot about Alex... and all the other patients and nurses and workers in the hospital.

"Answer your goddamn phone, Alex! I need to know you are okay...Baby, please. Please be okay." Dalton's voice goes from screaming to a quiet trembling prayer as he ends the voicemail stuffing the phone into his pocket and staring out the window. The car goes quiet no one says anything. It's too silent. So silent, the harsh occasional sound of Aurora chewing her nails echoes through the silent vehicle. 

There was no song playing, no sobbing, no shouting. Just Aurora biting her nails and the engine sound of the vehicles on the road beside them as Mel drives. "He'll be okay." Mel whispers to Dalton placing her hand on his giving him a comforting squeeze. "He's a smart one, he'll take care of himself." Aurora nods her head agreeing not saying anything, she's too worried, buried in her own thoughts. 

The first thing she wants to do is run to her mom, find her pull her out of that goddamn hospital and lock her in the car. But no she knows her mom won't agree to come with her so easily, she's that type of a person, she'd rather die than let her patient get hurt. But what about Aurora does Delilah think about her daughter? 

That doesn't matter, Aurora is stronger than her mom and will carry her to safety if that's what she has to do in the end. No matter how much Delilah screams or shouts or hates her, Aurora won't care. Aurora rather have her mom alive and be angry at her than be six feet under the ground.