Chapter 12.

So I was editing the last chapter and I know the time is just skipping ahead, but I have planned the story that way. I hope it's not been confusing.

***

It's Friday. Harry's fight. Today. It's friday and Harry's fight is today and he has invited my friends and me. I hadn't seen him since Wednesday. I went to the gym that day after questioning Grey and I check the log and turns out he didn't show. And on thursday I skipped beach day with Kofu to come see Harry in the gym and he hadn't come. Maybe he's training, he did tell me that his uncle is behind him for winning those fights and that means vigorous training.

I would've gone and seen Harry during his training but I didn't know where he trained. So now I have to wait for another five hours before I can see him. I finished work early today and pulled Mel over telling her to come home so we could get dressed together. I hadn't seen Dalton on Thursday, Mel had told me Alex was feeling better and had gone back to work today.

I'll see him at the fight and talk to him then. Anyways Mel had eagry agreed to getting ready with me and our first stop while going from headquaters to my place was the doggy daycare. The both of us walked in as I greeted the lady there and she went through the white fence to the room and calls out to Kofu. He comes barrelling through the white fence leaving the lady chuckling behind him.

He runs up to me and stand onto his hind legs grabbing onto me. I crouch down and licks up my face. When he notices Mel behind me stops licking me and stares at her with a wide grin before he's pushing away from me and to Mel. I scoff at my dog for being so attention needy, I sign my name into the log at the daycare and turn Mel and Kofu on the floor.

She's crouching down like me with Kofu's head on her shoulder as she hugged him, ruffling his fur and scratching behind his ears. Kofu's panting by the time Mel releases him and he walks back to the dog bowl near the fence and finsihes half the water in that bowl before walking bck to us, water dripping from his fur around his mouth.

Kofu walked in between Mel and I as we walked up to the car and he waited by the back door while I clicked on the harness to the net barrier. Once we all were seated in the car, the windows down to allow Kofu is play around we were off. 

I was driving did I say that? Mel was playing Billy Joel and singing to it, Kofu had his nose out of the window his head against the door as he slept. The drive from the dayacre was quick and once we were in my apartnment, Kofu went straight to his food bowl and waited for one of us to pour his water. I gave him water, plenty of belly rubs and then he was ready to sleep in his bed.

Mel was in the bathroom finishing her shower as I picked out my outfit. Once she was out she was rummaging through my wardrobe searching for an outfit. Mel and I shared clothes if it wasn't obvious already. Ever since we were kids. If we had a sleepover we'd wear the other persons clothes for that night and for the next day. Oh and we used to go shopping with my mom and we'd pick the same clothes. If Mel picked a black and white outfit I'd pick the same one. There were times where the shop did not have two outfits of our sizes that simply meant none of us were going to buy it.

We were the closest of friends and I am so happy we were able to remain friends after everything that has happened. Not many people are able to stay best friends from elementary school. 

The hot water was sliding down my hair onto my back and I just started washing myself when Mel walked into the bathroom, "Dalton called. He wants to come over." I nod and when she doesn't respond I say, "Let him come over it's alright." I turn around the steam covering the cubicle and the glass doors. I wipe across the glass to see Mel putting on makeup. "He said he'll come over with Alex once they are ready. He wants to drive over toegther." I nod as I walk out wrapping a towel around myself.