Chapter 22.

Walking into the forensics lab sends my mind into another memory that wants to come back just then. Great timing brain. As a kid I would accompany my mom to the hospital and spend time in the daycare while she worked. But the best part and well the most interesting part for toddler me was when she took me to the attendings room whenever she was free. Or those times when she took me to the MRI room where I was made to sit in the side room as my mom waited for the scans either talking to me to spend time with me or to her colleage. Or when she took me around the hospital showing me places like the emergency unit, the patient rooms, the xray room, the OR's, the pathology lab, reserach labs and the various number of specialty floors in the hospital she worked at.

Believe it or not I loved it. At one point of time in my life I wanted to be a doctor just like my mom, up until I went for a few martial arts classes and fell in love with fighting. Funny, I know. That was until I started going to arcades, fairs and shooting was my new favorite thing. That's when I wanted to join the army. Enlisting for the army was still at the top of my list, until Mel said she wanted to join the secret service just like my dad and of course Toby and I followed. I remember the time I told my parents I wanted to join the Secret Service and when I told them that I got accepted into the academy, how proud they were when they pulled me into their arms kissing my head and celebrating with me.

I was so happy back then, and I remember when the psychiatrist or well therapist I used to see when I was recovering had emphasised and mentioned over and over again in every session that getting back that happiness I had felt wouldn't be hard and how happiness can be found even in the darkest times.

Oh how happy she would be to see me now. I'm happy. I'm genuinly happy and I think getting back my memories is what's helping me. I hadn't been able to wipe off my smile from yesterday. The day I went to the cafe with Harry. After coming home yesterday I realised just how comfortable I was around him, how even with the worry of Theo on my mind he was there to make sure I was okay. And most of all I was very fucking happy when he asked me to be his date to his showcase. It's like a teenage girl getting asked out by the boy she's liked forever.

Wait.. no bad comparison. I have known Harry for only about a month. But still... it's like I have known him my whole life.

"What about this white lab is making you smile like that?" Mel asks me as we walk side by side into the lab, shes leaning forward sligthly, watching me with suspicion in her eyes. I smile some more shrugging my shoulder before saying, "I remembered something." Her eyes widen before she smiles too nodding her. I know we'll talk about it later and she'll want to know everything with Harry.

We made it to the agent who was responsible for the collecting samples from the crime scene and sending them off the lab to get tested. But ever since we connected Agent Scott's disappearance, Harper's kidnapping and Agent's Watsons death to Untamed work in the lab has gotten slower because only one agent oversees most of the recent evidences to make sure no mix up happens.

"Okay Caroline you got anything for us?" I ask the girl who's sitting at the back of the lab, her back to us writing furiously in a file. Caroline  a member of Manny's team, turns to face us her brown hair up in a messy bun, her bangs styled perfectly and she looks flawless as she pushes her black glasses up her face and nods.

She gets up handing us the file which she was just writing in. She nods at it, silently telling me to open it as she speaks, "I was able to identify these people who were in warehouse." I flip open the file to the picture of a boy staring back at me, black shaggy hair, a dark complexion bringing out his blue eyes. "Jason, 17 years old, no last name since he has been in an orphanage his whole life, that is until he got into Untamed. He was kidnaped but because I couldn't find any missing person report so I found out that he was a part of the orphanage Untamed pretends to have. He died because of a gunshot wound to his head." He was a kid, the same kid who tried to attack Harry without a weapon. I look at the bottom of the page to see a picture of the kid, his hands cuffed, eyes closed and blood pooling around his head.