Chapter 3.

I was the first one to come to the headquarters today and after grabbing my pager I'm walking towards the infirmary to find the girl and talk to her. But the nurse at the entrance wouldn't let me in, saying something about timings.

"Timings? Do I need a fucking reservation to come to the infirmary now? I'm here to talk to that girl they brought in yesterday. I'm not here to see a doctor."

"I am sorry but we don't open till 10."

I frown my brows at her and snicker out asking "What so if some agent was brought in saying he or she was shot would you stop them and say "I'm sorry but we can't treat you cause we don't open till 10?" What type of a rule is that." I couldn't help but mock her when I repeat her words to her.

The tiny lady with long black hair that was tied into a tight bun shrunk back at my words. "I-I the um visiting hours start at 10."

"Visiting hours? I am not here to visit someone, that girl you have strapped to some bed in there shot at me, so I have to talk to her and I am asking you to let me through."

"I'm so-sorry but I can't."

I mumble a curse under my breath and stomp back towards Noah's office that was on the 8th floor a few floors above us. I walk down the white corridors to the elevator on the other end. I stomp up to the wall and click the top arrow and wait for the elevator.

I roll my eyes thinking about the interaction I just had a few minutes ago. I drop my head rubbing my hand against my eyes. I hardly got any sleep last night. I went to sleep at one only to wake up at three. I tried to sleep again, but I just couldn't so I ended up making myself a coffee and reading The Book Theif again.

The ding of the elevator sounds and the door opens. I don't lift my head and walk straight in. I see the shoes of another person in the right corner. I turn around and see the number eight glowing a dim red. I watch as the doors close the lift slowing moving up. I see the reflection of the person behind me in the polished doors and I squint my eyes at the familiar person. 

I turn my head and my eyes widen just by a fraction when I catch the green eyes already watching me. I whip my head around to the front and bring my hands in front of me fiddling with my nails before bringing one hand up to my mouth. Okay go ahead and get mad at me for biting my nails but it's something I have been doing since I was a kid. I know it's a horrible habit but it's just one habit I can't get rid of.

The man behind me was the same person from last night, from the fight. I couldn't exactly see him too well during his fight. But what the heck is he doing here? Didn't he like to do illegal boxing or whatever? It's like walking right into an alligator's jaws. Whatever this man was going to do here was only going to cause more problems.  

The ding of the elevator sounded again and I was pulled out of my thoughts. I stepped out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened to a considerable amount. I was walking quickly, my steps brisk, I could hear his calm, slow steps behind me. He was walking slower than me but it felt like he was just behind me. I walked past the girl at the front desk, she was new, a pretty blonde, her bright green eyes making her stand out. I nodded my head at her and she returned a small, kind smile back to me.

I took a right after her desk and walked down the pearl white corridor before taking a left and seeing the door to Noah's office door open. I walked right in, not bothering to knock. Noah was right there behind his desk, fixing his tie, wearing a black suit. "Ah, Aurora you're finally here."

"Yeah, but what are you doing here so early it isn't even 8 yet." I questioned him standing behind a chair on the other side of his table, leaning on my hands that were on the backrest of the seat. "Oh well, I figured that you'd be here early so I came as well."