(7) Damsel in Distress

The next morning Bucky was out for his run in Central Park,he saw Malani when he did his second lap. He stopped when he saw her wiping her face. 

He pulled out his Airpods, "Hey sweetheart, everything okay?" He said as he sat down beside her. 

She looked up at him, she was a little speechless at first. "Yeah I've just been having a rough 24 hours." She said 

He seen her bag, "Please tell me that you didn't sleep out here?" He said 

"No, I slept at the shelter last night. My soon to be ex husband kicked me out. My family disowned me because they all believed a lie. So now I have no where to go..and I have a book dead line and a baby boy on the way. And I just spilled all my problems on some stranger.." she said as she sniffled as she looked down. 

He lifted her chin, "Come have breakfast with me?" He said 

"But I don't.." she said 

"Don't, it's on me I'm James Barnes but most people call me Bucky." He said as he helped her up. 

"I'm Malani Patterson-Mcallister." She said 

He took her bag for her, they headed to a local diner. Over breakfast Bucky convinced her to move in with him. After breakfast he took her over to his penthouse. 

"Here is my extra bedroom, and I have two cars. You can drive the SUV if I'm not here, and in here is my office. You can use it as your office too." He said 

"Thank you James." she said 

He smiled at her, "I'm gonna take a quick shower." He said.

"Okay," she said 

Bucky went to his room, she went into her room. She also took a quick shower, when she came back out. They left to go grocery shopping and clothes shopping.