Chapter 20

Family is like music, some high notes, some low notes, but always a beautiful song❤

By night except the elders everyone was in the terrace setting up the birthday surprise. They had planned for a simple surprise because mothers always appreciate even the simplest. It was just a matter of sincere wishes.

Each and everyone had a piece of gift for devi maa. Ayushi being the youngest made a cute handmade card for her grandma. Along with vinayak they made all the decorations and was waiting for the clock to tick 12. By then binni maa and krishnappa was also present there.

Ashwin and abhinaya went to devi maa to find her peacefully sleeping. They both admired a minute at the sight a lone tear fall from his eyes which abhinaya swiped off and hugged him in assurance. Ashwin went near devi maa and kissed her forehead. Devi maa bounced in shock to see her kids at this time.

"Ennachu? Neenga innum thoongalaya?" devi maa asked her grown up kids. By then ashwin's father was also awake.

Ashwin without uttering a single word pulled his mother while abhinaya closed her eyes and slowly lead to the terrace while his father followed them.

"Enge da kootitu poren?" devi maa was continuously asking questions

They reached the terrace,  it was pitch dark and abhinaya removed her hands. Devi maa stood there clueless as the lights turned on and everyone sang "happy birthday devi maa" in chorus. The best part was binni maa's special birthday song in her carnatic style.

Devi maa was in happy tears seeing all the love. Ayushi then went and hugged her and took her to the table arranged for cake cutting. She happily cut the cake and fed everyone. Ayushi then gave her card. Devi maa kissed her cheeks lovingly while abhinaya also gave her gift and finally it was the main surprise. Sivaangi and ashwin gave the huge box written "open with smile maa".

"Happy birthday maa" ashwin sivaangi wished in unison and bent down to get her blessing.

"Open pannu maa" ashwin said

Devi maa opened to find a box filled with roses, a gold pendant and in the centre there was an envelope. As she opened it her eyes welled up to find her application. There was a small letter which read;

"Maa...

For what it's worth, it's never late. There is no time limit. Start whenever you want.

The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, and it's yours.

Wishing you a great year ahead with what you desired to pursue. This is for you to achieve your dreams.

Happy Birthday Maa"

Devi maa couldn't control her tears. She just squeezed sivaangi and ashwin into a bone crush hug. Sivaangi lovingly patted her back to calm her down. Literally everyone who stood there were in tears to see the most heart touching scene in front of them. Devi maa part their hug and kissed both their forehead. She was not able to speak a single word.

Ashwin's father came forward and caressed sivaangi's head and said "We are lucky to have you ma in our family. Nee deiva kozhanda ma. Eppothum happya iru ma. Thankyou...thanks for everything" his eyes teared up for the first time in front of his family. Sivaangi soon wiped his tears and hugged him tight.

Ashwin was witnessing a miracle that day. That same father whom he has never seen shed a tear was crying his heart out in sivaangi's embrace. That was one unforgettable moment for everyone in his family. Soon it turned out to be a family hug as everyone joined them.

On the other side sivaangi's family was elated to watch these happy moments. They were happy to see their daughter being accepted wholeheartedly by ashwin's family. Both binni maa and krishnappa was sure for the fact that their daughter is now safe in the right hands. 

"Yen payyan rumba lucky ma" devi maa exclaimed parting the hug as she caressed her cheeks.

"Yen ponnum rumba lucky than" binni maa exclaimed earning loud chuckles from the family.

Devi maa took sivaangi's tiny hand and said "Nee en vazhkayile kidaitha varam ma. Thanks for everything."

"Maa...ellarum ippadi sonna enakku shy varuthu" she closed her eyes with her palm making everyone go awwe with her cute antics. She now was everyone's favourite smile machine.

Devi maa removed her hands and placed it in ashwin's hand and said "Iva ini un poruppu"

Ashwin with happy tears said "kan kalangama pathuppen"

There was a day when ashwin and sivaangi had to break up because of his mom. But the same mother is now accepting their relationship wholeheartedly. We are humans and we tend to make mistakes as none of us are perfect. Our relationships are fraught with imperfections painted by the shades of grey in our personalities that can blend only by adding colours to it. It is this contrast in our characters that push us to abhor one another during times of conflict and  we find it impossible to resist the magical hues of sparkle in our relationships. This is the reason why we often stick together despite all the odds, because the compromise is worth it.

As everyone got settled in their respective rooms after all the heartfelt moments, ashwin pulled sivaangi again to the terrace.

"Inge yethakku ippo enne kootiitu vandhen? An amused sivaangi asked

Ashwin just moved to the corner of the terrace and took a wrap which was safely kept there without the notice of anyone and gave her "It's for you"

She unwrap the gift to find a simple off white temple design saree with a red zari border. "This is so elegant. I loved it"

She slowly went near him and placed her head in his chest and wrapped her tiny hands on his waist. "Thanks for making me feel special every single time"

"Anything for you madam" ashwin said as he placed his chin over her head and enjoyed her warmth.

They both could see 'forever' in their eyes.

How's it?

If you like the update please don't forget to vote, and comment. Silent readers too please do vote guys.

These votes and comments are my encouragement to write the next chapter.

Thank you for your valuable time💜