Chapter 24

If you haven't read my "Ashaangi one shots" then do read and give your reviews. You can find it on my profile. Thanks in advance💜

"Hi"

Sivaangi turned to see her school mate gawtham footing just 2 feet away from her. She involuntarily kept her hand flat on her chest comforting her at the sudden consternation.

Sivaangi gasped as she spoke "Hey Gawtham! Sorry da, I just got scared"

"No, it's ok. Actually I should be sorry" gawtham extended his hands for a quick handshake and she too responded to him.

"Naan konjam late aayidichu so unna pathutu polam nu nenachen"

(I was late so thought of catching up with you)

"That's so sweet of you. Evlo naal kazhichu paakrom la" sivaangi said smiling at him

(It's been long)

Both of them were chit chattering about their good old school days and the fun they had during those times. It was definitely one of the best days for everyone. Even though sivaangi had faced a lot of humiliations in her school there were very few who stayed loyal as a friend and gawtham was one among them.

By the time they were talking about their career and family, a white car halted near the hall entrance. Instead of her father who sivaangi had anticipated all this while, it was ashwin's car.

She bloomed in happiness as she saw his car. Sivaangi couldn't control her happiness to meet ashwin in person after a long time. She swiftly out of courtesy, took her friend to him. On the other hand ashwin did not know what to do as they were nearing his car. He didn't want an unnecessary attention but then sighed as it was sivaangi who was walking along towards him.

Sivaangi came near his window and tapped the window to open so that she could introduce her friend "ashwin he is my school friend gawtham"

Ashwin being a gentleman and out of courtesy step out from the car and greeted him. "Hello gawtham, I'm ashwin"

"Who doesn't know you? I'm a great fan of yours. Actually I was discussing with her about your works but ungale paakarathukku vaippu kedakum nu nenachathu illa" gawtham was in all smiles and praises as he saw his favourite actor.

(Really happy to see you)

"Thankyou so much bro. Means a lot." Ashwin spoke out of gratitude

Sivaangi was brimming with pride to see her friend praising her man but she felt something was missing as his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Selfie?" gawtham took out his phone to take a selfie with ashwin

Ashwin nodded his head and moved forward to take the selfie when gawtham voiced out "Eyy sivaangi neeyum va" sivaangi was about to join them when she saw an awkwardness in ashwin and he gently nodded his head negatively. So she quickly denied and said "first nee unnoda favourite actor koode edu approm namma thaniya eduppom"

(You also come join us)

(No I'll join for a separate one)

Even though she seemed to be least bothered to his facial change or him not wanting a group selfie, she also knew that he didn't want to reveal their relationship so soon and give content to the greedy media but her heart couldn't think the same way. She wants to be with him in the public not bothering about the media or anyone.

Sivaangi just faintly smiled as her friend took a selfie with her and bid bye as she saw her friend moving in to the hall and ashwin hurriedly took the car off again bringing the air inside the car filled with tension.

"Ennachu ma? You okay?" ashwin voiced out in a concerned tone 

"What do you think?" sivaangi said in her not so usual tone

Ashwin just blinked at her for a second as he stopped the car in front of his home. He had actually planned to spend some time with her as the hotel where she was attending the party was just 10 minutes away from his home.

Ashwin sighed deeply as he unfastened the seat belt and asked her "Enna ma ippadi solra?

"Pinna eppadi kekkanum?" 

"Sivaangi ma please ippadi sollatha" he tried to hold her hand but it all went in vein as she pushed away his hands.

"Vandi edunga namma veetukku polam" she said turning her face to the window

(We will go to our home)

"Namma, veetukku thane vandhirukku?" he cleared

(We have come to our home right?)

"Ithu unga veedu nan sonnathu namma veedu " she said as she turned to his side and said looking at his eyes.

(Not yours, I told ours)

That was the moment when ashwin realized that she spoke about 'their home'. He swiftly fastened his seat belt and drove towards their home where the exterior structural work was almost done.

Sivaangi unfastened the seat belt as she moved out of the car and proceeded towards their home leaving ashwin behind. The natural twilight was penetrating through the exterior framework and sivaangi stood at their bedroom to be in the future.

Ashwin slowly peeped into the home to see a relaxed sivaangi exploring each side of the room carefully as she took careful steps due to the construction materials spread all over the floor. It was her first time after the foundation of the home was set.

"Paathu paathu" his hands in a reflex action catch her wrist as she slips over a wooden trunk.

(Be careful)

She calmly leaned towards his left hand and her eyes catching the sight of the moonshine when she voiced out to ashwin just like a baby complaining "Ethukku en koode selfie edukkala? Enakku romba kashtamayidichu"

(Why didn't you take a selfie with me?)

Ashwin looked down to her face as he said "Ma...nan namba nallathukkage than panne"

(I did for our sake)

He paused as he didn't see any reaction from her and then continued "Ma we had mutually decided that we won't reveal our relationship until we get married. I don't want any unnecessary media hype about us"

He left a sigh as he felt his shirt getting wet "Ma don't u trust me?" this affected her as she on a swift looked at his welled up eyes and answered "Ofcourse yes! More than myself"

"Then trust me ma. When it's the right time I myself will be revealing it"

"Anaa, I'm done with this peekaboo game. Nowadays I'm not able to pretend to be just a wellwisher to you" she said as she straightened herself and moved to his front.

Sivaangi took hold of his hands and resumed from where she paused "I'm masking my own feelings. Ippadi unga kayy kooda pudikka mudiyathu" tears flowed down her cheeks as she spoke her heart out for hiding her feelings all these years.

(I can't hold your hands like this publicly)

Ashwin with one of his hands wiped her tears as he spoke "Just few more months ma"

Before he could even complete, he heard that declaration which he least expected from her at the moment "Kalyanam pannikalama ashwin?

(Can we get married?)

How's it?

A quick update before navrati holidays. I'll be back after navratri holidays as I have  few personal works. Till then happy holidays💫

If you like the updates, please do vote, and comment.

Thank you for your valuable time💜