Chapter One

Daily reminder that the timeline is out of the window, so don't expect this to match up with real life, or any images of Alex from the years.

"I've been thinking of growing a beard." Alex Turner leaned closer into the mirror, rubbing his chin between his hand and his thumb. 

Y/N Turner peered into the bathroom from where she was sitting in their bed, carefully watching her husband. He had recently shaved his head, and while he did look different, it suited him. He always looked different whenever he cut his hair, or grew it out. Alex turned to Y/N, his eyes searching for her opinion, "Thoughts, My Love?" 

"I think it would suit you." She nodded in agreement.

Alex shrugged, finally leaving the bathroom, to cuddle with his wife. He happily fell onto the bed, shuffled up it, and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her stomach. And then he sighed heavily.

"You alright, darling?" Y/N asked, hands going to run over Alex's buzzed hair, a small secretive smile on her face.

"Yeah, just don't wanna do anything today." 

"Then let's not do anything." 

***

After the wedding, Y/N and Alex had their honeymoon in Paris. It was full of laughs and sweet kisses, amongst adventurous sex and pastries. After Paris, Alex moved out of his half-house and into Y/N's flat.

However, they spent a few weeks away from the flat, on tour again, with Alex performing and Y/N taking photos. The end of the tour was the Hiatus for Arctic Monkeys. And then, upon returning to London, they bought a house together. 

It was big, grand and wasn't her first choice, but Alex seemed in love with it, so they bought it. It was by the coast, a couple minutes walk from the sea. It had a room for Alex to put all his instruments, including a Piano that was gifted to him by a friend. The bedroom was spacious, and the bed had more than enough room for two people. The bedroom had it's own bathroom, accompanied by the one down the hallway, and the one downstairs.

The kitchen was spacious, and had a breakfast bar in the middle of it. Behind the kitchen was a living room that had bookshelves for walls. There was a sofa in the middle and a TV above an old, out-of-use Fireplace. 

The bathrooms varied. The one connected to their room had a big bath, big enough for the two of them to sit comfortably in. The one down the hall had a separate bath and shower.

After a few weeks, Y/N learnt to love the house, despite it being too big for the two of them on their own.
Yes, they had lots of hobbies and past times, as well as their careers, which required professional equipment, but it was still too much room.

And that was when Y/N and Alex began to wonder.

***