Chapter Five

It was a lovely evening, Alex having made dinner, and for the first time in a while the couple were sitting down together at a table.

"Maybe we should invite people over for a fancy dinner next week? Friday?" Alex suggested.

Y/N agreed loving the idea wholeheartedly.

And that's what got them where they were now. With Alex upstairs, finishing off his hair while Y/N finished the food Alex had started, half an hour before everyone was due to arrive.

"Alex!!" She yelled up the stairs, "Can you come finish this food while I go get dressed?!"

"Of course, My love!" He said, and then she heard the sounds of Alex's shoes running down the stairs. She heard him come into the kitchen, wrap his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek, "Go get ready, I'll finish up." He promised.

"Thank you." She placed her hands on his shoulders and then rushed upstairs to finish getting ready and putting on a fancy outfit.

When she arrived back downstairs, the table was fully set, two bottles of wine standing in the middle with two more on the counter behind them. Candles were lit on the table, matching knives and forks and all.
"Oh, thank you Alex. Don't know what I'd do without you." Y/N sighed, looking at him gratefully.

Alex simply smiled at her, before gently walking over to the speaker they had set up in the corner. "Background music?" He asked.

"Mmm...(music of your choice. Listening to Lana del rey rn so 😩)." She chose.

"Good choice." He grinned at Y/N.
Suddenly, the doorbell went. Y/N ran to get it, and upon opening the door she saw Alexa standing on the other side.
She instantly threw her arms around her neck, "Alexa!!"

"Ahh!! I missed you guys! I've not seen you in ages!" Alexa kissed both of your cheeks.

"I know, I know. Come in, we can catch up." Y/N waved her inside, "Wine?" She offered.

"Oh please. Just a little bit- Alex!" Alexa seemed taken aback by him, "Your hair! It's gone!" Alexa pointed at him, and all he could do was smile and whisper, "For fuck's sake."

Y/N laughed slightly at Alexa's comment, handing her the glass of wine and standing between the two. She was about to start talking when the doorbell went again. Alex sighed, "I'll get it this time."

The two Ladies watched him go, and they weren't surprised when they heard two people go, "Ayyy!!" And the sound of pats on the back.
And the moment they entered the kitchen, Y/N had the words "Sister!!" Yelled at her.

"Matthew!!" She laughed, running to hug him. At the name, Matt rolled his eyes to Alex and Alexa, embracing his sister.
"Hello, how are you?" She asked excitedly. It had been a while.

"Good, good. You?" He grinned at her enthusiasm.

"Same." She nodded in agreement.

Matt pulled away from Y/N and walked up to Alex. With no explanation, he began to run his hands over his head, "I mean...you told me about it, showed me pictures. But oh my god." The two men spent at least three minutes, standing there as Matt rubbed his hands over Alex's hair. Or lack thereof.

Y/N and Alexa just spent all of it laughing hysterically at the awkwardness of the situation, and it was only stopped by the doorbell going.
"On it!!" Y/N announced, going to the door.

Opening it, she found Jamie, Nick and Miles standing on the other side. She grinned, hugging each one of them in turn and inviting them inside.
The three of them walked in on the scene of Alexa and Matt discussing Alex's hair.

The only person who wasn't shocked by it was Nick. Instead, he said, "You look nice." And walked off to serve himself a glass of wine.

Everyone just stood there trying Oh so hard not to laugh.

God had they missed this.