Chapter Eleven

It had been a few days. Alex had spent most of it replacing all the strings on his guitar and calling the band, trying to see if he could get them all together for a "jam session". Secretly you knew he was trying to get them to agree to another album, after three years.

Finally, on a Tuesday night, he got them all to agree to come over the next day. 

So when Alex came jumping into the front room in the afternoon, threw himself on top of Y/N who was lying on the sofa, with a massive smile on his face, she could guess what got into him.

"Did they agree to a new album?" she giggled, as he buried his face between her sofa and the neck.

"They did, they did!" He smiled at her, lifting his head to meet her eyes.

"Ahh, darling, that's amazing!" She smiled, placing a hand in his hair. 

It was as they leaned in to kiss that Matt walked in from the rehearsal room, "Oh Jesus Christ.." He sighed.

When Y/N pulled away she laughed, "Shhh...be quiet Matthew." She pecked Alex's cheek before looking at Matt, "Brother, how are you?" She started playing with Alex's hair.

"Good, good..." Matt looked around, "This kitchen is so big, where do you keep your cups?" 

"Cupboard to the left. There's coffee in the cupboard and cans of all-sorts in the fridge." Alex told him, and when Matt found what he was looking for he gave him a "thanks mate". 

Eventually they were joined by Nick and Jamie.

Nick stood above Y/N and placed his hands over her eyes, "Guess who?" 

"...Nikolai Philippe Fraiture is that you?" Y/N pretended to furrow her eyebrows.

"Wow...can't believe you got it right." Nick laughed, before pulling away and sitting on the arm of the sofa that the couple were lounging on, "Did Alex tell you the news?" 

"Mhm, he did." She looked down at her husband, "I'm very excited." Y/N grinned up at the bassist.

"We've finally agreed to let Alex do a concept album." Matt sighed.

"I don't think it'll be that bad." Jamie shrugged, "I mean...the concept might, but not the music." 

"Hey!" Alex sat up before lying back down with no argument apart from a "It won't be that bad." Under his breath. 

"Don't worry, I think it'll be good." Y/N whispered to him, before kissing him quickly.

The entire room groaned, before Alex looked at them, "I thought you were all chatting amongst yourselves. Why are you looking at us you creeps?" He said, not being able to help laughing. 

Y/N patted Alex on the shoulder and he sat up. She followed after him and Jamie started talking, trying to get everyone back into the studio room, "C'mon, we should keep working. Or start something new?" He suggested.

"Oo, I'd like to hear something new. I know Alex has got some notes hangi-" Y/N could barely even finish her sentence before Alex had tackled her back onto the sofa.