Chapter Fourteen

The week came and went. And then, it was the Doctor's appointment.
10:30 in the morning wasn't exactly a good time for Y/N or Alex, but it was the only slot they had.

They were sat in the waiting room, whispering to each other about little things when the woman at the reception yelled, "Y/N, Y/N Turner?! Room 5!"

Alex shot straight to his feet making Y/N look at him funny before he offered her his hand, "Sorry, I'm just really nervous." He said.

"It's alright, sweetheart, so am I." She laughed at him, holding his hand a little tighter as they began to walk down the corridor towards Room Five.

When they got there, she knocked on the door once before entering.

"Hi." Y/N and Alex shuffled into the room, taking their seat as the doctor pointed to them.

"Good morning." He gave them a friendly smile, "I'm Doctor Binchely, how can I help?"

"Well, I uh, recently took a pregnancy test, and the results were positive, so we were hoping you could do a few tests or such?" She looked towards Alex then back to the doctor.

"Of course, of course. If you are pregnant then it's probably too early to do an ultrasound. What we'll have to do is get you to pee in a cup. We'll also take your blood pressure to be on the safe side and then an abdominal palpitation." He explained, "Are you alright with that?" 

"Yeah, all good." She nodded.

Doctor Binchely swivelled around in his chair to the cabinet behind him, grabbing a plastic tube with a lid on it before handing it to Y/N. "There's a toilet down the hall. I'm going to ask you to pee in that and then bring it back to me. Do you need water?" 

"No, no, I should be good." She nodded, before leaving Alex in the room with the Doctor.

Initially it was a bit awkward between Alex and the Doctor until Doctor Binchely spoke, "Do I know you from somewhere?" 

Jesus Christ, he just couldn't catch a break could he, "Uh, yeah...maybe?" Alex winced.

"I recognise your wife too, are you two influencers or something." He was tapping away at his computer as he spoke.

"No well uh...I'm in a band. And she did the cover art for one of our albums." He explained.

"Ah, what band are you in?" The doctor didn't look up, "Something local? You play at the pub?" 

"Aha, no, not quite. I'm the lead singer for Arctic Monkeys." He told him, leaning back in his chair and watching as the Doctor's eyes flicked up to him. He was expecting something more, the usual panic.

But instead the Doctor simply said, "Nice. I like some of your stuff." 

"Thanks." Alex nodded, as the door opened and his wife walked back in. She handed the vile to the doctor and sat back down.

The doctor swivelled around again and took out a little white strip. He unbottled the vile, dropped the strip in, and waited. 

Two minutes passed, the couple looking at each other expectantly as Doctor Binchely clicked on and on at his laptop. Eventually he checked his watch and looked at the vile next to him. "Well, misses and mister Turner, I'm happy to tell you that you are expecting! Right, Y/N I'm just going to take your blood pressure and then I'm going to get you to lie down. Just hop up there." 

He pointed towards the teal bed with a sheet of paper lain over it. She stood up from her seat by Alex and went to sit on the bed. The Doctor took out an arm wrap with a pump on the end and wrapped it around her arm. "Alright?" he checked and began to press the air into it. It didn't take long before he reached for a piece of paper and wrote down something, "All good. Do you mind laying down for me?" He asked.

Y/N moved herself further up the bed and waited. The doctor asked her to pull up her shit to her stomach and she did. He pressed and poked, had a little look and feel before telling her to sit up, "Everything looks all good. I'm going to schedule you an appointment for three weeks time, alright?" 

"Alright cool." Alex stood up as she spoke and took her hand. "Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep, let's. Thank you Doctor." 

"No problem, just make sure you take good care of yourself." He looked back towards his laptop, already back in his work.

***

The moment Y/N and Alex got out of the Doctor's office he wrapped her in a hug, so tight she was taken aback. "Al...Al, are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm perfect, I'm amazing...I'm just so fucking happy!" He held her at arms length now, before covering her face in kisses and finally kissing her on the lips.

"Alright mister, let's get home." She giggled, taking his hand and walking towards the car.

Once they were in the car, the usual driving-singing began. Alex was behind the wheel and therefore Y/N had full responsibility for the AUX, and was making all the choices for the music. Every now and then Al would hum along or sing a line or two, and that was them set. 

this is kinda shit.

ANYWAYS 

I'm thinking of writing a Ghost!Reader X A.T...