Chapter 7

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

"U-Uhm... I said that all because Charasuke was there, I-I... I couldn't come up with something better to keep him off at such an s-short time... I-i.. ".

Sasuke interrupted the rambling pinkette who is still very much red, as they walked inside the apartment, "It's fine".

The Uchiha mumbled, who did his best to calm the embarrassed kunoichi because he did not want to be her next hit out of it, like Charasuke who deserved it.

"Oh! Okay". She smiled, even though his back was to her as he walked back to his room when the pinkette stopped him.

"Sasuke-kun!".

The Uchiha grunted in response and Sakura continued, "I made some Tomato soup, you should eat some. Plus, it isn't good for the stomach to be empty for such a long time".

Sasuke nodded casually, hiding the fact that he is feeling hungry for quite a while but it's not in his nature to ask for something, especially from Sakura.

He thought he might be burdening her with his needs. Like he always does.

"Okay! I'll heat it. Just wait a moment...." The pinkette jumped in the excitement that he'll taste her cooking for the first time, running to the kitchen to heat it.

"Sokka!". Sasuke replied, walking over to the dining table and settling down.

Not knowing what to do, his eyes followed Sakura working in the kitchen, preparing food for him, and a strange feeling erupted in his heart.

A homely feeling, quite the same as when he used to watch his mother prepare dinner for their family. His heart started beating fast as he thought about what could have happened had he stayed and accepted her confession.

Would they be living like this?

Would she wait for him to return home? Just like his......

Sasuke's eyes widened in shock and anger when he realized how easily he gave in to his emotions. A shinobi mustn't be so careless, he must never give in to his emotions no matter the situation that's one of the rules Uchiha Sasuke lives by.

"Here! Eat it.... Hope it's not too hot!". Sakura carefully placed the two bowls on the dining table before she went back into the kitchen to bring two glasses of water.

After coming back from the kitchen, she settled across Sasuke on the dining table.

"itadakimasu". The pinkette said and the Uchiha followed with a mere whisper.

The raven-haired took the first sip of the soup as the pinkette tried not to gawk at his reaction. The hot soup slightly burned his throat but in a good way and it felt good to taste something homemade after so long.

It was weird for him, it was like as if he was back to being a genin. He knew Sakura wanted to know whether he liked her soup or not and even though he wanted to praise her, he chose against it.

The couple silently finished their soup and when it came to cleaning the table, Sasuke quickly took his plate before the pinkette could pick it up for him.

He barely did anything to help her in the cooking, not like he knows many dishes to make but he would be ashamed if she picks up his eaten plate.

He still hasn't forgotten his manners, taught by his mother.

The sudden movements of the Uchiha and not a word on her soup made her feel insecure.

She thought that maybe it was not that good and that's why he is trying to run off quickly. The sad look on her face didn't go unnoticed by the raven-haired as she placed her dishes after him in the sink, to wash them.

"It was good". Too busy in her insecurities, she didn't even understand what he meant by 'nice' and for what.

"Nani?". Sakura asked, genuinely confused when she saw his gaze towards the empty pot of soup.

"Oh! The soup..... I-i.. arigato". She lowered her eyes, as a blush covered her cheeks.

"I am going to sleep". Sasuke said even though he can never truly sleep without the nightmares of his past and now Itachi's, would haunt him too.

In the past, when he lived with Orochimaru he would train until he was too exhausted to move a muscle and fall asleep because of it, so he doesn't encounter any nightmares. He used to do the same with his newly recruited team Taka.

However, he doesn't know whether he can truly sleep like a normal person without the horrors of his past following him in his sleep, here. He does not know how to live normally after everything he has been through.

The only part of normalcy he truly felt, along with serenity was with his late family.

"Me too! After I finish these dishes.." Sasuke nodded his head at Sakura's words, before going off to the room he's supposed to stay in.

He put his Katana under the pillow in case of emergency as he laid down, staring out of the window at the moon.

Soon after Sasuke left to sleep, Sakura quickly cleaned up everything before walking back to her room but not before checking up on Sasuke, to make sure he was here this time and not gone.

A relieved sigh left her when she saw his tired body sleeping from the opened door or so she thought.

The Uchiha knew she was standing by the door, checking up on him so he pretended to sleep for her satisfaction.

"Oyasuminasai, Sasuke-kun!". Sakura whispered ever so lightly but the Uchiha still caught her words as he merely smiled in response.

'Oyasuminasai' The Uchiha wished in his mind.

(Good night)

━━━━━━

Before eating, Japanese people say "itadakimasu," a polite phrase meaning "I receive this food." This expresses thanks to whoever worked to prepare the food for the meal.

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌸FOLLOW FOR MORE🌸

━━━━━━