Chapter 22

⚠️GO BACK AND VOTE ON ALL THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T ⚠️

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

Her heavy eyes looked around the interior of the run down cottage, her body still going through the after effects of the injection and the other dose, they earlier used when she barely woke up.

Even now she couldn't open her eyes without them closing on their own and her head pounding like crazy. Nothing made sense to her right now, the only thing she remembers is falling unconscious on the balcony after being hit by some dart and than complete darkness.

Earlier when she woke up, the pinkette couldn't even comprehend what was happening before someone injected something in her neck, again.

She remembered what happened last time when she regained her consciousness so right now, even though barely conscious she acted like she hadn't recovered from the second dose yet.

However, still the kunoichi couldn't make sense of anything around her. Everything seems blurry and the noises around, sounds like scratching nails on a blackboard near her ears. Absolutely everything hurted and she knew it's all because of the sedative they used.

I just need to calm down and focus on my stored chakra to flow through my body in order to relieve from some of the after effects of the sedative, Sakura thought focusing on her chakra flow which has been disturbed, not for long now!

The pinkette silently focused her stored chakra into her body and could already feel the after effects subdue but when it did, she realised her right arm is numb with dried blood on it.

Wha...? What happened?

Sakura questioned herself, still trying to figure out what happened in the last few hours and how she ended up here but her questions were answered when she eavesdropped on her kidnappers conversation.

"Ah! Finally tomorrow our wait will be over and we'll have the pureblood byakugan in exchange of the previous hokage's daughter". Someone spoke in a croaky voice and things started to click inside the kunoichi's mind as she realised what is happening.

However, she was at a huge disadvantage because of the sedative present in her bloodstream which was used twice, has disoriented her chakra flow.

She can't even focus chakra on her palms to cut through the rope on her hand without a pounding headache and a foggy vission. It will atleast take one hour for the sedative aftereffects to wear off since the first one never got the chance to wear off but, since she used her stored chakra to subdue those, it only talk half an hour, now.

A knock on the door, startled her as well as the ninja's present in the room who weren't expecting anyone right now. Both the ninja's quickly drew out their kunai's before one of them stepped forward to open the door while the other waited behind him incase someone attacks.

The ninja opened the door with a heavy heart ready to fight but was surprised when he noticed no one around, just thin air and some leaves swirling around before one of the green leaf landed on his hand.

"What happened? Is anyone there?". The second ninja asked, skeptical of the situation while Sakura kept a eye on them from the corner.

"No...no one's ther.....AHHH!!!!". The pained scream of his partner alerted the second ninja who ran towards him as the first ninja stumbled back, holding his hand.

"What's wrong?". His partner asked upon seeing no wounds on him however, the pained expression of the first ninja was bothering him while Sakura couldn't figure out what was happening.

"It's burning! My hand, it stings!". The first ninja cried out cooing his hand as he brushed away the leaf in the air which landed on the second ninja's eye who quickly removed it but it was already too late.

"AH!! My eye! Ah! It's burning....it stings!". The second shinobi cried out as well, holding his right eye when he felt his hand starting to feel hot before the burning sensation soared through it also.

The wails of pain woke Sakura's mind which was foggy untill now. She couldn't quite figure out what just happened?

One moment the ninja was checking who was outside before he started crying out in pain and then his partner, but the leaf on the floor didn't go unnoticed from the medical ninja who immediately recognised it.

"Stinging Nettle". Sakura whispered upon getting a good look on the fine toothed, tapered, somewhat heart-shaped leaf- yup! It's definately the Nettle.

It's a herbaceous plant which grows in the wild. It's leaves have stinging hair which cause painful stings when touched accidentally or handled with bare hands. This is due to the methanoic acid secreted by them. A traditional remedy is rubbing the area with the leaf of the dock plant, which often grows beside the nettle in the wild.

Quite ironic but how could it get here?, Sakura thought.

This is the best opportunity to escape with the abductors wailing because of the stinging nettle leaf and the pinkette knew that. So she pushed herself more, releasing more of her stored chakra into her body and she could feel the aftereffects wearing off but when she tried to gather chakra on her palms she realised, she couldn't.

There was chakra lock on her hands.

"Damn!". A defeated sigh left her just when in a flash the wailing cries of the ninja went silent and their bodies hit the ground with a slash around their neck and the blood pooling around.

A horrified gasp left Sakura's mouth, "Nani!?".

"Sakura". The Uchiha throatly called out to the shocked kunoichi who he hasn't seen in so many hours that it nearly drove him crazy.

The pinkette's head snapped in his direction when she realised who it is.

"Sasuke-kun". She nearly cried out in relief even though his earlier entry took her by surprise.

Both of them continued looking into each other's eyes as if communicating through them to say what they couldn't say in reality, relaying the longing for each other they felt in just a few hours that it was maddening.

Afterall someone once said that the eyes is the gateway to one's soul even if the other has put on a mask, the eyes never lie and even the Uchiha clan's most powerful dojutsu can't hide that gateway to their soul just like Sasuke who is always vulnerable infront of the only person who knows him the best, who can understand his unspoken words without him voicing them out.

Sakura doesn't know whether what she is seeing in his eyes is just the sedative's aftereffects or an illusion because the desperation and the relief was quite evident in his eyes before it was gone. The shine in them when he found her alive, was gone before she could re-check.

"We have to go back to our dimension, now!".

━━━━━━

TWO FUCKING CHAPTERS LEFT OF THE 1ST BOOK, i can't believe it's going to finish this soon🥺

How was my man's entry? Bitch just one shot them not like they were near his calibre.

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌸FOLLOW FOR MORE🌸

━━━━━━