Chapter 13

⚠️GO BACK AND VOTE ON ALL THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T⚠️

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

The glistening light from the full moon cast an opaque gloom over the resting Uchiha, who had his eyes closed after being pressurized by the pinkette to get some rest since it might help in recovering the rinnegan faster after returning to the apartment.

The cool breeze from the window reminded him of the night he left Sakura on the bench. The only right decision he thinks, he has ever made because had he given in to her desires, to bring her too with him, she'd be corrupted with sorrow and his darkness.

He believed in her words that she'd do anything for him but he also knew her, had he taken her with him, she would have pretended to be okay being away from everyone while taking care of the cursed Uchiha and he knew, she's too moral and virtuous for that.

She doesn't deserve that, she never deserved any of this, Sasuke thought sadly.

He had tried to make her hate him, to resent him, but she never did, even after he tried killing her while she thought he had no idea of the venomous kunai.

He had an inkling as well of the approaching chakra of Hatake Kakashi who would be there soon, so he pretended to kill her when Kakashi intervened thinking he saved Sakura from Sasuke but it was all part of his plan to make her hate him, to fear him.

But she still tried to kill him or so she thought because everyone knew including Sasuke that she can't kill him, that's why he needed to make her hate him. Taking the venomous kunai, he was going to slash her not too deep but sharp enough to make her think that he was way too gone for redemption but Naruto interrupted. This time even he wasn't able to detect his chakra because he was too engrossed in the current situation.

He thought both Naruto and Sakura will hate him for trying to kill her, but they never did.

Naruto still went after him after fully understanding what it means to have a bond with someone before they become remembrances.

He wishes that the pinkette would stop loving him, however, her slight blushing and flustered look say otherwise. But he's pretty sure, she doesn't love him after everything he has done, why would she? No, why should she?

Sasuke sighed, turning in his bed when he smelled the aroma of delicious food coming from the living room. He slowly sat up, adjusting his bed clothes before making his way out quitely.

The pinkette was quietly humming a tune while setting the food on the table, unaware of the person watching her from the corner,

"Sasuke-kun! Dinn... " Sakura stopped mid in her shouting when she raised her head only to find the onyx eyes watching her from the dark, "... Er is ready". She whispered and Sasuke nodded stepping forward as he took a seat.

"I made some fried pork cutlet, eggs, and rice... Hope it's not too much". Sakura said softly, placing the cutlery on the table when Sasuke's hand stopped her.

"Daijōbu, sit and eat, I can take the food myself also". Sasuke said in a suggesting voice but the underlying order in it made Sakura surrender.

"Wakatta!". Sakura slid the chair over before getting relaxed and serving the food to herself after Sasuke did the same.

The couple ate in the same silence as the other night, slurping on the food without making any eye contact.

Sasuke quickly finished his food and he had to admit, she's a really good cook too.

Standing up, he took the dirty dishes into the washer to wash them, as he did not want Sakura to wash his dirty dishes too.

Sakura wanted to go help but chose against it as she concentrated on the delicious food, she happens to learn from her mother after much criticism.

"I will go check the area where we landed tomorrow morning, so don't look for me". Sasuke said flatly before walking off to his room when a thought occurred to his mind.

Sakura was a bit surprised he told her about his whereabouts in advance and felt a little happy that he remembered how worried she was for him last night, "Waka... "

"Will you be able to sleep on your own tonight?". Sasuke interrupted the kunoichi who looked a bit taken aback by his question.

For a moment, she thought of lying to him but she knew, she can't, he knows her too well to not notice her lie, "I don't know... " She said softly, nipping on her nails.

"Hm". Sasuke noticed the inner turmoil going in her eyes but didn't comment on it, leaving her to it as he walked back to his room to sharpen his katana.

Sakura breathed a sigh of relief once Sasuke was gone, she quickly finished the rest of her food and then washed her dishes before going back to her room as well.

Both the individuals lay, sleepless in the bed pondering upon the situation they are in. Sakura wanted to get some sleep but couldn't, last night she slept out of exhaustion but tonight she can't stop the evading thoughts from entering her worried mind.

How much she wished, they could return as soon as possible to help Naruto, Obito, and Kakashi who must be waiting for them.

She feared that her nightmare would become reality if they do not return on time.

Wait for us, Naruto-kun.

On the other hand, Sasuke was still worried about his left eye which wields the legendary rinnegan, he still cannot use it no matter how many times he tries, it won't work, unlike his mangekyō sharingan which is working perfectly.

Something is not right here, I don't understand what....but I need to investigate the area again where we landed. I might get some leads, with that in mind, Sasuke closed his eyes, trying to get the same serene sleep he got near the pinkette but failed miserably.

━━━━━━

A/N: I will turn this FF into a Sasusaku series. The details of the upcoming sequels will be revealed once this book is completed, which is going to be soon, now.

Excited about the sequels?

UPDATE: the name of the sequel is love in confinement.

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌸FOLLOW FOR MORE🌸

━━━━━━