Chapter 8

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

The Uchiha's sharingan immediately activated in the middle of the night when he heard muffled cries coming from the room, Sakura was sleeping in.

An unsettling feeling developed inside his stomach, making it impossible for the Uchiha to think straight without creating any worst-case scenario.

A nagging voice kept him busy as he thought about what could have possibly attacked the kunoichi, where she had to cry for help.

He still hasn't forgotten how strong Haruno Sakura has become, it's a piece of cake for her to take out enemies on her own but if she is crying out for help, means it's something worse, something stronger than her capabilities that surpasses the fifth Hokage.

What could be more powerful than that?

Sasuke quietly stepped on the wooden floor, checking for any break-in from the windows or doors around but nothing.

There was no unfamiliar chakra around even, or the enemy has concealed his chakra before attacking.

The katana in his grip tighten as he inched closer to her door which was locked. The wails were still coming from the bedroom but rather coy.

His heart was pounding in his chest violently, blocking his hearing sense as all he could hear was his heart jumping up and down.

Sasuke carefully released his chakra inside the space for the key, in the keyhole forming a key made out of his chakra as he unlocked the door carefully stepping inside.

His mangekyō sharingan was ready to put the intruder in a genjutsu of their worst fears but what he saw in front of him made him freeze.

There was no intrusion nor an attacker but the pinkette silently crying out in her sleep, possibly because of some nightmare he's way to accustomed but to know that the kunoichi suffers from it too, left a bitter taste inside his mouth.

Just a few minutes ago, he was questioning who could be so strong to make Sakura cry out for help, only to realize, that our demons will always be stronger than our present selves. No matter how powerful we become, we'll always be helpless when it comes to ourself

Some demons can't be defeated.

He slowly approached Sakura whose's cries have calmed down but were still there and he can't leave her like this, especially when she was having a nightmare.

He won't be able to keep his calm even if he decides to leave her alone.

Not knowing what to do, Sasuke softly called out for her, "Sakura.."

Her trembling stopped as he kept on saying her name, "Daijōbu, Sakuraa.....daijōbu".

Sasuke slowly pulled away, when he noticed she has calmed down and got up, ready to leave when the cries became louder.

The kunoichi couldn't feel the same warmth that kept the demons in her mind at bay and all of a sudden panicked unconsciously.

"Oi, oi Sakura..." Sasuke tried waking her up when her trembling cries wouldn't calm down.

"Sakura, wake up!". A gasp left Sakura as she was forcibly woken up from her nightmare and she immediately clutched the first thing which came in contact with her-Sasuke, burying her face in his neck.

All she wanted was comfort and this person is the only one who can calm her down, "D-don't lea-ave....." Sakura stuttered and the Uchiha tried calming her down,