Chapter 23

⚠️GO BACK AND VOTE ON ALL THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T ⚠️

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

The Uchiha broke the connection through his eyes when he averted them, putting his katana in it's sheild before kneeling infront of Sakura to set her free.

Meanwhile, Sakura quietly observed him as he checked her from top to bottom and froze when his eyes landed on her fresh wound.

“I thought it was healing”. Sasuke asked in an undertone, his fingers ghostly touching over her wound before he looked back to where the dead bodies were laying. “Tch.. ”

“I thought so too”. Sakura barely whispered gaining Sasuke's attention who was regretting killing those abductors so easily.

I should have tortured them under my mangekyō.

He continued looking at her pale face marred by the war ashes but still looking beautiful as ever. Maybe it was the moment or the longing of desperation but he wanted to hold her face in his palms yet he refrained himself when Sakura's eyes met his, again.

“There's a chakra lock on my hands”. The kunoichi informed the ravenette who looked behind her to see a chakra lock placed on her hands. He placed his hand over the chakra lock absorbing the jutsu through his abilities of the legendary rinnegan.

Sakura sighed in relief when she felt her wrist being freed. She moved them infront of her to inspect her palm and now she could feel chakra flowing through her palm without any obstacle however she still felt dizzy and lazy because of the injections.

Sasuke stood up looking at her to stand as well but when she didn't and kept on looking at her hands, he asked irritatedly, “What's wrong?”.

“I can't stand up, the aftereffects of the two dozes is very strong. I feel dizzy.. ”. Sakura whispered slurring inbetween and Sasuke sighed.

Inching down he placed his hands under her calves and shoulder as he picked her up in a bridal style. Even though Sakura was shocked, she was just too tired to react so she just looked at him tiredly placing her head on his chest for support.

Sasuke looked at her getting hypnotized by the pink beauty and forgetting the words he was about to speak. Gaining his composure back, he steadied his hands under her so she doesn't slip.

“Close your eyes or you'll feel more dizzy when I hop over trees”. Sakura hummed in response, her eyes barely open as she snuggled closer to Sasuke's warmth and a red hue formed over the pale face of Uchiha Sasuke who cleared his throat before exiting the run down cottage and not caring about the dead bodies in the way.

The night wind was hasher than he expected but ofcourse it would be, it was October though only the start of fall but wintery none the less.

He pulled Sakura closure to his warmth so she doesn't feel cold in his arms instinctively but froze when he realised what he was trying to do. 

However, he didn't get the time to delve over it when two ninja's jumped through the darkness of night carrying the same headband as the ninja's he killed inside the cottage.